197cup 28.08.10

Seing as I'm planning on keeping my cup I though I should start a little progress thread which I'll update with all my pictures and videos.

It's 197cup with Recaro's and black Speedine's that I've had from new since October 2008.

A picture of the car not long after I bought it.
RB197cup1.jpg

A couple of months after buying the car I ordered a set of OZ Ultraleggera wheels in 8x17 ET55 and toyo R888 for track days.
Photo-0123.jpg
Photo-0122.jpg
Photo-0126.jpg
DSC_0040.jpg

After a year and roughly 14 track days/sessions I was used to the brakes and felt there was room for improvement so I ordered,

AP Racing 312mm bells & rotors, Ferrodo DS2500 pads (front & rear), HEL Braided lines & Motul RBF 600 dot4 fluid.
Before:
DSC_0038.jpg
After (I'll get a better pic later):
DSC_0028.jpg

Last edited:
Then this genuine Matter Clio Cup Racer cage came up for sale which I had to have along with Cup racer tow eyes :thumbup:

3af49fa4.jpg

857a7f0b.jpg

So this weekend I've set about prepping the cage and painting it.

I started with sanding back when the welded plates are which are over where the bars for the front section would have been.

Then filled them with catalyst filler.
c7d05fd0.jpg
420961c1.jpg
c66b4571.jpg

I took a couple of fills to get it how I wanted it. After that I set about priming it after a wash down with a thinners rag...:@ the primer 'sissed, cracked and crazed' when it lay onto of the previous coating:
56f6f076.jpg

So out came the nitromors:
deca4adb.jpg
242c5483.jpg
203f74cb.jpg

The cage looked good when I was in picking up your tyres. Looks 1000s times better in red.

Cheers for the comments I've still to add the .R fog light blanking plates to the list of stuff that I've done but I cant find the pictures :lol:

the cage looks cool mate you going for the full race look?

Eventually, it would be very bare without a cage. I'm not sure if I should strip it all out or have it like the R26.R.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
knuckles Spotted 1
evilerik Clio General Chat 1
D Spotted 1
Roy General Chat 4
voinea New Members 25