197 Throttle Body Mods

Made some mods: in front - trumpet to remove the step between silicone hose and TB. Rear part: just de-liped and polished.
Not fastened yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4311_????? ??????.jpg
    IMG_4311_????? ??????.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4830_????? ??????.jpg
    IMG_4830_????? ??????.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4831_????? ??????.jpg
    IMG_4831_????? ??????.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 71
not mounted yet, coming soon=)
yeah, i know alot about this "clic" , so, the result should't be worser then stock one. In general, this TB is not the only one my TB:smiley:

Last edited:
its not changing the size in the centre just bending it with the the lower sections.

I was thinking the same thing...:s

Many cars do have a step in the t/b to aid the venturi effect and not only in the t/b btw. Because of this low-rpm/low-speed pick-up and power is better. I'd say by removing the step you loose some low-rpm engine response and power and that's where the Clio needs it. Tbh if you feel any gains I'd say it's a placebo effect. Similar to a catback system or a decat ftm

Ooo....another thing :tongueout: imho polishing the t/b doesn't really aid air-flow :tongueout:

I've been logging the intake air temperature for a few days now. Different weather conditions, temperatures, driving conditions,....Imo gains could be easily (compared to other mods on the Clio) found by making the intake manifold out of another material - one that disperses the heat better.

My 2 cents :bumpit:

Try PTFE gaskets and see a 2 degree drop in intake temp.

Or try spraying some -129 degree nitrous down the intake lol :tongueout:

I thought the venturi effect only effected liquids pressure? I may be wrong

I thought the venturi effect only effected liquids pressure? I may be wrong

In fluid dynamics, Bernoulli's principle states that for an inviscid flow, an increase in the speed of the fluid occurs simultaneously with a decrease in pressure or a decrease in the fluid's potential energy. Bernoulli's principle can be applied to various types of fluid flow, resulting in what is loosely denoted as Bernoulli's equation. In fact, there are different forms of the Bernoulli equation for different types of flow. The simple form of Bernoulli's principle is valid for incompressible flows (e.g. most liquid flows) and also for compressible flows (e.g. gases) moving at low Mach numbers.

So the venturi effect can be used for gases :smile:

I'm not sure if that is definately true Woody, but I know they work with fluid! Lol! Had to learn all about it for my gas engineering qualification. Water heaters and some old combi boilers use a venturi. When the water is released from a tap, the water flowing over the venturi creates a back presure and the differential presure pushes a rubber diaphragm up, which acts on the gas valve, allowing the boiler to fire.

So in theory, the air flowin over the venturi would create a back pressure, which helps with torque. That's if I'm right?

Lol!

So in theory, the air flowin over the venturi would create a back pressure, which helps with torque. That's if I'm right?

Over the venturi? :confused1: The Venturi effect is simply a phenomenon which occurs whenever you restrict the flow of air/fluid in a certain space - let's say in a tube so you can image it better. To satisfy the equation of continuity the speed of the air/fluid must increase while its pressure decreases - energy conservation.

Just imagine that the same amount of air must flow through the narrower tube and thus it must "speed up".
images.jpg

Some tuners actually make the whole intake so that it aids the Venturi effect. From the intake pipe you can actually see down to the valve "channels" (dunno the right word :nope:smile:.

As for the backpressure I don't know what you ment :mellow: the air is sucked in due to the vacuum the engine produces on it's intake stroke - piston moving down....intake valve open....etc.

I see I see, im not into the technical stuff. aslong as when i put my foot down it throws me back on my seat im :smile:

Mounted now! Magnificent Effect! Nothing is worse!
Maaay be just a bit better after 5k rpm and more responce on the pedal on low/ but im shure it isnt/ empty tank and outside temperature 15C are much better Mod=)
And all the theory about the Ventury effect in the case of thise tipe mod is just ideal theory. Here we have only polished intake with placebo effect. That is all.

Mounted now! Magnificent Effect! Nothing is worse!
Maaay be just a bit better after 5k rpm and more responce on the pedal on low/ but im shure it isnt/ empty tank and outside temperature 15C are much better Mod=)
And all the theory about the Ventury effect in the case of thise tipe mod is just ideal theory. Here we have only polished intake with placebo effect. That is all.

Have you dynoed it before/after? Can't help it to think that "a bit better after 5k rpm" is something like with the catbacks when many wrote "it breathes lighter and goes better at high rpm" but when they did a dyno run before/after they actually lost 5-6bhp and some torque :001_unsure:

Imho I wouldn't say it's an ideal theory. Believe me that Renault Sport made this for a reason (wouldn't be any more difficult to make a t/b without the step from the factory) and then bench-flow tested it for best results. Sorry to be a negger but I'm not a fan of these "house-mods" without any theory, tests and results to back it up.

As you said - the outside temperature is a far better mod. For every 10 degrees higher intake air temperature you lose about 4% power.

morning! today in a very busy trafic with full tank and temperature 19C - от the same way to my work i noticed obsolutely no difference.
Tomorrow i will change TB to the stock one to try it on track.
Make a dino before and after willl cost for me 150gb pounds, and to macke a change - less 15 minutes.
For getting real success with renault sport much easyer to order complete engine in modena-racing how do some sport teams.