197 Rocker Cover Oil Leak

luke197

Platinum Member
Hi Guys,

I started changing my cambelt today (Going to be taking a few pictures and hopefully doing a how to) and spotted oil around one of my sparks plugs. After Taking the inlet off you can see the extent of the leaking, i did a quick search on here and saw that it was pretty common. I'm hoping someone can confirm that what it looks like and let me know the best way to get it sorted. Is it only one of the bolts that need sealer round them or all of them on that end?

Cheers Luke

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

if your doing the belts and its leaking on that side of the head could be worthwhile taking the cam cover off and re-sealing it...

Cheers foxspeed, I might give it a go. From what I can tell the isn't a gasket, its like a roll on sealer they use. Any idea where I can buy something like this?

Its all on hold now anyway, so I've got a bit of time to do it. The new tensioner I received broke today so need to get that sorted first.

Luke

Cheers foxspeed, I might give it a go. From what I can tell the isn't a gasket, its like a roll on sealer they use. Any idea where I can buy something like this?

Its all on hold now anyway, so I've got a bit of time to do it. The new tensioner I received broke today so need to get that sorted first.

Luke

we use one of the locktite range but I cannot remember which one but it aint cheap!

When I take the rocker cover off will I be able to reuse the cam seals, or do I need to buy new ones?