197 ride comfort

How should these drive? .. I have driven 3 (including mine) and the drive seems to be firm (Non-cup).

However i am wondering if mine is too firm (aka tired) - to the point where it feels as though it is picking up all the undulations in the road. It a replacement set of dampers would certainly improve things but other than springs , is there anything else i should be looking at?

thanks

I've got 18k miles and the ride is a little crashy. I can feel every dip and bump in the road, hell I can feel a stone. Non cup here. You gotta have balls to run a cup as a daily. Might benefit you around the corners if it's actually hardened up lmao.

I have a cup as a daily driver, in the mornings on the way to work I miss having a softer car but when I've woken up its all good. Sometimes it can be a bit melting to drive on bad roads but you get used to it.

I have a cup as a daily driver, in the mornings on the way to work I miss having a softer car but when I've woken up its all good. Sometimes it can be a bit melting to drive on bad roads but you get used to it.

Would agree with this. First thing in the morning can be a little bit bumpy for my taste on pothole ridden roads but 99% of the time it's perfectly comfortable :smile:

You do have to avoid any any bumps in the road if possible, but generally the non-cup set up is pretty good all round.

generally the ride in a 197,without any mods, is very pleasant..not too firm not too soft..when upgraded springs or the whole suspension ,the ride becomes a bit firmer..i personally blame these roads..given i pay nearly £300 for road tax,the state of some of these in Manchester is shocking..i actually spend more time looking out for pot holes than checking on the ladies wearing short skirts :thumb1:

I don't mind the ride at all and I use mine as a daily (R27/cup). Granted, on really poor roads it does make me wince, but it's a nice, constant reminder that you're in something a little bit special.