197--->Leon FR--->207 Gti all in 12 months

Just purchased an 07 207 GTI in white as a replacement for my 07 2.0T Leon FR. What a lot of car you get for 7k!!! Sat nav, phone, auto everything but man it feels slow!! Leon was pushing 270bhp but also 23-25mpg. Pocketed 2.5k and now getting 38mpg!! Subtle tuning will be done, filter already in...scouring ebay for milltek, just struggling with a mapping company that can be trusted if anyone has any contacts?

custom mapping mate or just a generic? oh and please dont buy miltek lol "miltek are shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" read that thread lol

custom mapping mate or just a generic? oh and please dont buy miltek lol "miltek are shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" read that thread lol

Looking for generic map taking into account the mods...Milltek was awesome on my 197...is there something I missed?

just read the thread lol.

oh and generic I would reccomend rick wood tuning an old friend of mine.

Bluefin maps are quite good, comes with a handheld thing that lets you put the map on and off whenever you want

just read the thread lol.

I just read the thread.... i think the crack comes when the fitter tries to bend the rear pipes outwards/up/down to get the tips to line up? certainly it did on mine, but a weld cured it. Had no idea Milltek reputation had gone so downhill. oh well!

i will get some up soon....form an orderly queue to sniff the drivers seat...its 'the' press car that VBH drove on 5th gear

it will feel slower than the FR, dont they only produce like 175 bhp

I just meant slow in general, it loses out to the leon by 100hp and 120lb ft, but compared to that I think anything would feel slow.Does feel as quick as the 197 up to around 90mph helped by the 195 torque I think but thats when it seems to run out of puff. Handles better....interesting to see it gives 182's a run for their money on youtube track vids lol.

i work in a peugeot garage but its not a car ive driven much, getting a remap should take it up to 200bhp, increase in torque should help it along a bit. Should take it to the area of the new RCZ, but even those arent that quick.

i work in a peugeot garage but its not a car ive driven much, getting a remap should take it up to 200bhp, increase in torque should help it along a bit. Should take it to the area of the new RCZ, but even those arent that quick.

Done some digging and an ibiza cupra i.c is a straight fit onto these as is the forge bov (which Ive kept from leon thank god) which should help nicely. I would like to see around 210 with my powertec filter, catback, intercooler (if I can find 1) and sensible software. Plus ive just shed 28kg removing spacesaver toolkit and OEM air box lol