197 leak??

LB197

Gold Member
Hi guys, this maybe a silly thing but just thought id check.

So last night i noticed there was a puddle under my 197 and passed it off but then its just happened again.

The puddle just looks like clear water, doesn’t smell or have any colour and is coming from underneath inline with the gear stick.. so is this just something to do with the aircon or a different issue? [emoji1326]‍♂️

Thanks, Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you say it's clear water it can't be anything else. Mine also does it and the position you described is about right, too.

Check the cooling water just to be sure but if you aren't losing any there's nothing to worry about.

Reactions: LB197
I’ll leave it off for a few days and see if it stops [emoji846]
It won’t stop!... Ever... while you have aircon on, the aircon radiator/evaporator in the heater matrix gets cold and condensation forms on it, this has to go somewhere and it goes out of the drain at the bottom of the heater matrix, all cars with aircon will have the same thing, it will stop when you turn your aircon off cold, otherwise it’s normal and if it stops with aircon on you have a blocked drain! This fills your car, it’s is also incredibly rare as the water being condensation is fairly pure So it’s not like rainwater in your windscreen wiper channel for example which has whatever is washed off your screen and also grows moss and scum very well!

The separator lives under the bonnet and the condenser is behind or infront of the cars radiator