197 heater

My heater works on all speeds but it rattles alot and will be slow even on number 4 it also cuts out but if i hit certain points on the dash by the main vents and heater controls it comes back on but still slow??? Its driving me crazy

Mine rattles a bit sometimes, just assumed it was a loose something in the blower motor. Not really sure how to get to it but there is probably a guide somewhere in the how to section of the forums (Gotta be a member to access).

hi mate, cheers for the reply. I'm just confused as to why it cuts out and then blows really slowly like its barely on. might have to take the dash off and have a look tomorrow.

Probably a dodgy connection, normally is with these heaters. If you find a plug, just try to clean out the contacts a bit, Renault have a habit of putting too much current through the wires, they heat up and melt the plastic housing around the plug...

Just a thought with you mentioning the wipers now not working.... have you checked the drains under the scuttle panel aren't blocked?? Electrical faults can often be caused by the drains blocking and water affecting things, especially the wipers, as the motor is right where water can gather.

As I say, just a thought that popped into my head - you may have already checked this, but I thought it was worth flagging up. Best of luck getting it sorted.

Just a thought with you mentioning the wipers now not working.... have you checked the drains under the scuttle panel aren't blocked?? Electrical faults can often be caused by the drains blocking and water affecting things, especially the wipers, as the motor is right where water can gather.

As I say, just a thought that popped into my head - you may have already checked this, but I thought it was worth flagging up. Best of luck getting it sorted.
Chees mate, they only stopped working last night and i was thinking that could be the issue as have checked all fuses and they seem to be fine. Will be getting to removing it today and cleaning it out

I had something similar when I picked the car up, tried replacing some of the blade fuses under the steering wheel and it fixed the strange behaviour I was getting. The fuses are shared between pretty random things that seem unrelated...

I have just finished clearing the drains which were blocked. The was a lot of water and i think the motor at points when turning etc would have been in contact with a lot of water so that may be the issue? But still not working so no driving for a few days until i can get my mate to take a proper look at it for me. Will try chamging fuses in the mean time. Will keep updating. Cheers for the help fellas

I have just finished clearing the drains which were blocked. The was a lot of water and i think the motor at points when turning etc would have been in contact with a lot of water so that may be the issue? But still not working so no driving for a few days until i can get my mate to take a proper look at it for me. Will try chamging fuses in the mean time. Will keep updating. Cheers for the help fellas

I'm glad the suggestion helped out, I had a suspicion that it could be that. Hopefully your friend can get it completely sorted for you.

This is the old motor which was full of water. Unfortunately this wasnt the problem have no ifead where to go from here :sleepy:

Attachments

• 5BFE53E2-DEC5-4AD3-9DB2-774A954633EF.jpeg
    5BFE53E2-DEC5-4AD3-9DB2-774A954633EF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
I live in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. I haven’t as I dont have the tools. That was suggested by my friend tho. I also cant hear any kind of relay clicking when i pull the stalk down if thst means anything to anyone

Well first to check is voltage to one of the pins on the motor when wipers are put on full whack. If no voltage then trace back to relay and fuse. I believe there is a 20 amp fuse in the engine bay which supplies the wipers. I'd put money on it being on a fuse after short circuited due to the water.

Well first to check is voltage to one of the pins on the motor when wipers are put on full whack. If no voltage then trace back to relay and fuse. I believe there is a 20 amp fuse in the engine bay which supplies the wipers. I'd put money on it being on a fuse after short circuited due to the water.
I did check the fuses abd they all seemed fine but maybe i missed one or something

If you remove the battery there is another fuse box underneath there. F8 is a fuse in there dedicated to just the wipers. Should be 20A (yellow).

Attachments

• EN-Clio3-blok-kapot.jpg
    EN-Clio3-blok-kapot.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 9
  • EN-Clio3-blok-kapot-2.jpg
    EN-Clio3-blok-kapot-2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 9