197 - Front Disk Options

Hi all. I'll need to replace my front disks soon and wanted to know if anyone has fitted aftermarket units with any success? I've looked at the K-Tec Black edition, groved, dimpled, as well as the fleBay units, so any advice, based on actual experience, would be appreciated? Also experience of alternative Pads for fast road & occasional track use would help. :biggrin:

Thanks in advance, Cheers :drunk:

If your not doing a lot of track work the standard discs are more than enough. If you want a different look to the plain disc Rich on here can do some great things with them :wink:

A pad and fluid change is your best bet imo.

Ferrodo DS2500 is what I use with my AP Racing discs and they are up to the job but they do give off a lot of brake dust.

Fluid, Motul RBF-600

You may as well get the lines changed to braided lines while your doing the fluid.

I'd definitely be changing the lines to braided if your going to change the fluid, and I can sort you some new disks out.

Standard disks are great (they are Brembo HC) and more than upto the job for road and a bit of track use. Grooving, which I can do :wink:, will just help to keep the pads clean and reduce glazing. Plus it looks great.

If you want a price just drop me a PM :smile: