197 Cabasse CD Changer

Hello,

I BELIEVE i have a 197 with a cd change, its a Cabasse headunit with lights above the numbers and the amp under the driver seat but i'm struggling to insert any CD's???
i feel silly for asking :thumbdown:... i have pressed load, and then i press a number but nothing happens it just goes back onto the radio?? when i press load only numbers 3 & 4 light up but i dont think any cd's are in there?? is it broken?? i've read that when i press one of the numbers it should say insert cd but it just goes back to the radio? :worried:

help!;/

thanks in advance,
Tom

Mine had it, and its only been 6 weeks since I changed cars and I've already forgotten.

IIRC you have to press load and then the appropriate number you want to put the CD into. The orange lights dictate that there is a CD in there when you have the CD mode on, again iirc.

Thanks!

This is why I'm confused. when I press the all button, which is where you chose what cd is selected, I assume, it just beeps and goes back to the radio. When I press load, whatever number I press it will just go back to the radio.

I've only had the car 2 weeks so I don't know if it's broken or what?

Any help appreciated! :smile:

Do you not have the handbook with the instructions in? Mine has that radio and I thought it was relatively simple, just switch it to cd with the source button then press load then the number.

I have read the manual and its not helping. I'm assuming it's broken.. All I'm wondering is in someone else has had this problem...