197 akrapovic?

Louis1990

Paid Member
I've been toying with the idea of a new exhaust system for a while now. And in that time I've got a bit more money to spend. Originally I was going for a miltek system, resonated(quieter) with a hi flow sports cat. But now I'm thinking akrapovic.
Any advice of what these are like and if anyone has one where to get them from?
I've found somewhere but it says for the Clio rs 200 2012, and I don't want to spend so much and have to return it etc. Also any suggestions on the sports cat akrapovic combo? Thanka

It will fit but you may need to sort out some exhaust tips to clear your 197 diffuser. The system is designed for the exhaust to exit in to a 200 diffuser.

The Evolution system is a centre pipe from the standard manifold to the back box, and the back box. It should be two parts for a large amount of cash.

But, it is a beautiful bit of kit.

Reactions: Louis1990
Modified Akraprovic for a 197 I bought it modified but the original exit pipes had been cut back so I had to recreate the cut back bit and add tips, 3" is the largest practical tip size for the 197 Diffuser holes. I was able to buy the mid section later and make it a full Evo system the middle section was cheaper than the genuine Renault mid section replacement that comes without the cat. The Akra sounds better contained than the standard exhaust does not need mapped and when properly fitted (pipe angles and mid box up in the exhaust tunnel to give a square on connection at the first cat joint) sounds just slightly louder but not like " listen to this a**hole coming down the road".
1671834841008.png

1671834437179.png
1671834546805.png

That is the backbox. It's called "Slip-on" while the whole system with backbox and center-pipe with resonator is called "Evolution".

Like said already you'll have to modify the tips slightly to make them fit a 197 diffusor but that's not much of a problem.

Sidenote: You can sell the carbon rings (tailpipes) for good money as you don't need them. Genuine ones can go for a couple hundred Euros.

Reactions: Louis1990
That is the backbox. It's called "Slip-on" while the whole system with backbox and center-pipe with resonator is called "Evolution".

Like said already you'll have to modify the tips slightly to make them fit a 197 diffusor but that's not much of a problem.

Sidenote: You can sell the carbon rings (tailpipes) for good money as you don't need them. Genuine ones can go for a couple hundred Euros.
I am leaning more towards one now.
Whats the story when going for the mot? It says THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET EMISSION COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR STREET OR HIGHWAY Use on the akrapovic site

If you have a standard manifold with a pre-cat in it then you will be fine. I had an Akra installed two years ago and have not had a problem with emissions.

Provided that you have the OEM pre-cat in place you will get away with not having any other cats.

If you have got a non-standard manifold you might have a few issues.

If you have a standard manifold with a pre-cat in it then you will be fine. I had an Akra installed two years ago and have not had a problem with emissions.

Provided that you have the OEM pre-cat in place you will get away with not having any other cats.

If you have got a non-standard manifold you might have a few issues.
I was looking at a high flow sports cat from miltek. But the manifold is the original I don't want to fork ourlt for the evolution kit and then it turn out I won't be able to use it. I do plan on doing some track days in the future, but for now I just use it for going to the gym and when I need to drive anywhere with some country roads

I am leaning more towards one now.
Whats the story when going for the mot? It says THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET EMISSION COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR STREET OR HIGHWAY Use on the akrapovic site

This actually isn't really correct. It meets the requirements even here in Germany. It's more like the centerpipe simply doesn't has an (E) approval mark while the backbox has one. But this should be irrelevant for you anyway as this is only important in countries with stricter regulations than you've over there.

This actually isn't really correct. It meets the requirements even here in Germany. It's more like the centerpipe simply doesn't has an (E) approval mark while the backbox has one. But this should be irrelevant for you anyway as this is only important in countries with stricter regulations than you've over there.
That's good to know. But where is stricter than the UK?! Haha
I lived in Spain for a while and you got away with it th anything there

Akra Evo is a great choice. Loud enough when you mash the throttle, and quiet enough on the road for DD duties. I love mine.

Cool. What cat do you have on it?

Clio 200. Ran it a long time on stock headers. A couple years ago I changed it over to toyosports manifold. Sounds epic now, but is definitely not quiet enough for long highway drives anymore.