172 Immobilized

Hi guys, right yeah we own a breakdown company blah blah butttt haha, need advice!

Our 172 is immobilized following a flat battery, anyone got any quick tip or tricks to stop it?

Thanks

have you charged changed the battery? im asuming ist the car battery and not the fob battery?

Surely if there was a diy way of switching off an immobiliser there would be a lot more at thefts, wouldn't there?

more info is required as in which battery, what been done and what the cars doing now

Yeppp, it's just the key thats wrong not the car now we've diagnosed it so we're gonna have to take it to Renault to get a new one!

defo the key? mine went on my 172, it was either the key code reader round the barrel or the key, renault told me to use my spare to see if it is the key of not, and it was the key that was the problem

if its the key or code reader, the immobilser light on the clocks will flash

Found out whats wrong with it now! UCH computer has gone on it, anyone had any of these problems before and how did they fix it? had a look on ebay but not sure on which one to get, Thanks

PS: id be very surprised that the UCH has given up due to a flat battery.

out of curiosity, have you plugged a fault code reader in to it, one of my old ones used to flag up a misfire issue if the batter was changed, cutting all power to the coilpack.
the car would turn over for a few seconds and then shut itself down, clearing the fault used to allow it to spring back in to life.

worth a shot, and im sure in your trade you should have one sat about somewhere :wink:

If the immobiliser light flashing, its wont be the car battery, it will the key or the reader, key went on mine, used the spare and worked ok.