1/4 mile times?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, and I know these aren't rele a quarter mile car more of a b road basher, I have a 197 and want to know if anyone has done 1/4 times are have any idea as to what I could expect... Curious for standard 1/4 time and modded cars 1/4 times...

Thanks,
Mark.

Some chaps on here quote silly low times but realistically we're looking at low 16 standard and high 15 modified. A mid 15 once you master the launch ( tc off ).

Seems high but keep in mind the best 225 times at Santa pod I seen is around mid 15s. My personal best is 14.9 last season with nitrous and cams. My misses did a 14.5 with her 182.

Some chaps on here quote silly low times but realistically we're looking at low 16 standard and high 15 modified. A mid 15 once you master the launch ( tc off ).

Seems high but keep in mind the best 225 times at Santa pod I seen is around mid 15s. My personal best is 14.9 last season with nitrous and cams. My misses did a 14.5 with her 182.

Mate, you wanna get a ring on that girls finger, with those times she's definately a keeper, my missus would take at least 3:43.8 to do a 1/4 mile :rofl:

I would wonder were my misses had gone to on a 1/4 mile run prob wouldn't see her for an hour or so:rofl:

Mate, you wanna get a ring on that girls finger, with those times she's definately a keeper, my missus would take at least 3:43.8 to do a 1/4 mile :rofl:

She's already gone through two JC5 boxes last season lol, changing them gets tiresome!

i was at crail raceway in sept last year mate, ran a 15.1 sec with a perfect launch,

car is standard too.

Okies so am looking early 15's at pod, got miltek cat back and miltek decat, wi be getting filter and map and money pending cams... Also the biggy nitrous!! :smile: lol, I hope to be early 14's with a bit of luck :smile:

Thanks guys :smile:

Your standard clutch will not last more than a weekend with nitrous launching.

Helix do an uprated unit for £550.

Speak to Craig at Advanced powertrain developements in wales, he can order custom built plates to your needs.

sorry to revive an old thread, but i have run mid to low 14's on multiple occasions, using semi slicks.
car has been remapped, i have full 63mm exhaust and 45mm custom header.

i always felt like i could improve though, so hopefully i will be posting a 14sec FLAT soon.
Will have the GoPro handy at the next event.

in the mean time, here is a short vid of my car after a recent remap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QioMcZo2kzY

enjoy

also note that my original clutch made it to 108000km...
i don't often launch the car inbetween strip events

peace

Similar Thread Suggestions