1.2tce

Has anyone any experience with the 1.2 TCE? Found an 08 one locally a couple of grand cheaper than I could get for my 197. Gave it a test drive - actually pretty quick for 1.2! And has leather interior.
I'm looking to save on fuel basically since the 197 normally only indicates 24mpg. Is the TCE a good option? Obv it needs to be worth it to trade down, not just a little bit of saving. I found it odd that it's got those wheels. They are Reno ones though.

1.jpg

It's such a hard decision 'cause I feel an affinity with my 197. It's so odd to be 'attached' to a car, but I need something cheaper to run. What would you do?

If I was trading down I don't think I could get a normal Clio. Everytime you get in it you'd be reminded of what you had before.

I had one of the first ones in Northern Ireland before my R27. They are £120 a year on tax. Fuel wise I was getting around 30-35MPG as you need to nail it to get any speed although when you do nail it its nippy enough.

Nothing like the handling of the R27 and I found mine to be very very tail happy! That said for the price it was a great car and I loved it.