07 R27 197 in Albi Blue

Townler

Platinum Member
I bought the car on the 26th June and have loved every minute driving her around.

MyCar.jpg

So far I've only bought her a few things, like...
Rear storage tray & cargo net for the boot. And I've given her, her 2 year service.

But this weekend I started work on her breathing... de-lipped & polished the inlet manifolds, which has made more of an improvement than I thought it would. It has definitely heightened it's responsiveness. :tongueout:roud: However, in my hast to get the work done... I stupidly forgot to take any pics!! :zomg: :ban:

Well thats it now for a few days, as it's my Birthday!! :tongueout:

But she is booked into K-Tec on Friday... :clap: I'm taking the camcorder, so there will be lots of pics then and possibly a UTube.

Just fitted 2 new Conti 3's to the front in prep for the Dyno on Friday! Oh and cleaned up the brake callipers... don't want them locking on while at full tilt!!

...and now!!

Well I'm back with what feels like a new Clio!!

A day at K-Tec Racing has been well worth the:
1. drive from Hull to Devon
2. time it took to transform the car
&
3. money!!

So what has made the difference? Actually, not a lot!! To start with the old exhaust came off...

1.jpg

2.jpg

...and a new KTR Pro Performance exhaust and a KTR Pro Sport Cat.

3.jpg

Followed by a KTR Panel Air Filter replacing the standard paper crap!

4.jpg

With all this now fitted, it was time for the Dyno... that's where a slight issue arose! :001_unsure: KTR's Dyno had broken and was waiting for a part all the way from Australia (I think that's what she said). Anyway, They were going to use a Dyno around the corner in a different company. Camcorder in hand I was ready to go filming but was told that the other company does not like anyone (joe public) in the dyno room!! :confused1:

Not happy with this :'( but didn't have much choice!!

About 45mins later I heard the roar as she came back down the road, love the sound the exhaust makes, so ran out and took her for a run around the block! :biggrin::drool::tongueout:roud::tongueout::cloud9::clap:

Very happy with everything KTR has done. However, I had a problem at about 70mph (4250rpm) when in top gear trying to accelerate, it just seems to do nothing!! Drop a cog and she's fine powering through it.

After the work had been done the guy that put it through the Dyno mentioned it but could not see anything in the map, so suggested it could be the Lambda sensor but nothing showed on the diags!

Has anyone got any theories??

Sorry forgot to give you the results from the Dyno!!

The end result is 187.7BHP & 136ft/lbs torque @ wheels. That's about 17bhp & 15ft/lbs extra.

Happy with that!!

sweet mate. do you have a flat spot with the exhaust? did u decat or use standard cat?

Jace: no, but I'll take some when it stops raining!

Woody: Had the flat spot when standard and its still there after the mods. Didn't decat, using KTR's 100 cell sports cat.

did the remap not take it away? I had to take my miltek off as the flatspot annoyed me so much.

Jace: no, but I'll take some when it stops raining!

Woody: Had the flat spot when standard and its still there after the mods. Didn't decat, using KTR's 100 cell sports cat.

No the remap didn't sort it out. The before and after curve didn't show any flat spot either.

u got a decent result though mate for zorst and filter any other mods?