yozzasport or ktec pro race

Think im gonna go powerflow with mine. The one's near me are really good, and get lifetime ownership warrenty, and they stick to it! Used em for my old clio. K-tec are a bit to far away from me and a bit more expensive.

Not fully.... if you look at the torque curves :wink:

It drives me wild! the initial pick up on the 197 is not great anyway, then you hit the flat spot, then it revs up normally. It can be quite embarrasing. Has Paul had much luck with mapping it better? I know it wont go away fully, but it'll be nice to iron it out a bit. If not, ill have to put the standard pipe back on.

It drives me wild! the initial pick up on the 197 is not great anyway, then you hit the flat spot, then it revs up normally. It can be quite embarrasing. Has Paul had much luck with mapping it better? I know it wont go away fully, but it'll be nice to iron it out a bit. If not, ill have to put the standard pipe back on.

Hi pal, I dont know about Paul, but I have a new custom ECU and full adjustability of VVT now so we have got rid of it :wink:

how much is this ecu to buy, fit and set up. does it effect all other fuctions like, cruise control/limiter, traction control etc.

As Stu says, this ECU and cable throttle conversion was done by my good mate Matt at Tour De Force (Icarus to you and me Jim) and is a one off so he could develop his VVT stuff etc for the 197 race/rally cars/teams!

so his ecu`s arent available to buy then

so if someone wanted some work doing outside of motorsport, he wouldnt do it. from what youre saying. hes building a good rep up on clio 197s, maybe setting up road cars maybe a step to go, to keep business going when it goes quiet? i know i would take it there if i could

so his ecu`s arent available to buy then

Not at the moment unless you are motorsport

so if someone wanted some work doing outside of motorsport, he wouldnt do it. from what youre saying. hes building a good rep up on clio 197s, maybe setting up road cars maybe a step to go, to keep business going when it goes quiet? i know i would take it there if i could

He doesnt need to, very highly rated in motorsport at what he does, thats not to say he wont!! Its just most wouldn't pay what mine should have cost retail, there is a hell of alot of work and time gone into it!

could you have the ecu fitted without the throttle body/cable etc, just map out the flat spot and still run fly by wire

could you have the ecu fitted without the throttle body/cable etc, just map out the flat spot and still run fly by wire

Omex quoted me £2500 for an aftermarket ECU fitted!

Try JamSport if you wanna go down that route, they have their own brand standalone ECUs and come in about £1800 fitted IIRC.

Try JamSport if you wanna go down that route, they have their own brand standalone ECUs and come in about £1800 fitted IIRC.

its called either gotech or glotech or something like that, but some of jamsports work is questionable tho

What ECU was that Ben?

Did it still work the TCS etc... seems cheap TBH considering the work involved with fitting an ECU to a 197!