Yozza Exhaust

bm147

Paid Member
Hello all,

Finally got round to fitting the exhaust on Sunday! Took about 1hr i think. Its a catback system but i have a problem! My problem is that ever since fitting the exhaust the flat spot @ 2k-3k has become so much more pronounced!! If i stick my toe down it shoots off then it hits 2k and its as if someone has hit the brakes and then zooms off again when you hit 3k, if i'm in 1st gear i actually get wheel spin!

Any ideas on whether the exhaust isnt a cat back, or i have fitted it wrong?

Bob

I thought with a catback this wasnt an issue?

Also should i wish to get the car re-mapped will this sort the issue out?

Lol, Could quite possibly be...

There is one long pipe that joins onto the main back end of the exhaust... When i was taking the std exhaust off the main pipe running along the car had a couple box on but this one doesnt... Does that mean its a de-catted one?

Lol, Could quite possibly be...

There is one long pipe that joins onto the main back end of the exhaust... When i was taking the std exhaust off the main pipe running along the car had a couple box on but this one doesnt... Does that mean its a de-catted one?

STD exhaust has a BIG box at the back and a smaller one toward the front of the car, the smaller is the cat!!

You done those fogs mate?

Not had a change to do the fogs yet, i'm hoping to do them this weekend...

Right well the Yozza one doesnt have anything towards the front of the car, just a long straight pipe...
Do you know if i can get a cat for it?

Not had a change to do the fogs yet, i'm hoping to do them this weekend...

Right well the Yozza one doesnt have anything towards the front of the car, just a long straight pipe...
Do you know if i can get a cat for it?

you could cut the cat section from you standard exhaust and fit that.

I seem to remember a guy on the RS forum (or here in its former incarnation) taking his Yozza equipped car to the manufacturer (JP Exhausts) to get it sorted. They put a cat and a centre box on it to sort out the flat spot. Think it was the lack of back pressure that was causing the flat spot issue.

I seem to remember a guy on the RS forum (or here in its former incarnation) taking his Yozza equipped car to the manufacturer (JP Exhausts) to get it sorted. They put a cat and a centre box on it to sort out the flat spot. Think it was the lack of back pressure that was causing the flat spot issue.

Poobah it was!!

Remap wont cure the flatspot fully but willl reduce it!

yozzasport system comes with a bracket to attatch standard cat back on. but best option is to remap it. thats what im doing with mine.

can you not use the standard cat pipe from the original exhaust and put a flange on the back and attach it to the back box?

Or does the cat have to go in a different place to where it went with the original exhaust?

can you not use the standard cat pipe from the original exhaust and put a flange on the back and attach it to the back box?

Or does the cat have to go in a different place to where it went with the original exhaust?

Yes you can, as far as im aware this flange comes with the cat back system