Your favourite detailing products...........

Snow Foam/Pre-wash
I use www.cleanyourcar.co.uk own snow foam. I tend to use different versions everytime i run out. But i keep coming back to this find it much better. Comes in 5 liter container too.

Shampoo
Ive been using chemical guys v5 for quite a while but i used Auto Finesse Lather which seems very good too. I also use chemical guys wash n wax which is good now and then for a top up or a mixture of both!

Wheel Cleaner
Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner is what im currently using after changing from sonax. Having black wheels i dont tend to need very powerful wheel cleaner anymore but when i had shinny gloss wheels then i needed something which attacked it more. Not sure why but hey ho. Sonax was very expensive to be honest but it does get rid off real heavy debris. Also use Geon wheel brush and wooden handle brush for the inside of nuts and hard areas.

Polish
Hardly use polish unless im stripping the car down but ive only ever used autoglym. Does what it says on the tin.

Wax
Only one wax i use and thats collinite. Its mega mega stuff. Especially for white cars. Its like a soft wet wax, extremely easy to apply and take off. It tends to last fucking ages too. highly recommend it. Every wash to keep it topped up i use dodjuice red mist which is a quick detailer and sealant. Great for topping up the protection on the car.

Tyres
Meguiars Tyre Gel. Does the job good.

Reactions: sevenfourate
That midnight sun is good stuff. I'm currently on some poor boys shampoo & cant remember the snow foam off the top of my head, poor boys black hole polish and auto finesse wax. Also have built hamber wheel cleaner.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Been all over the place with detailing products and I'm now set on these products.

Foam - Meguiars Hyper Wash ph Neutral
Shampoo - Poorboys Slick & Suds, Meguiars Lambswool Mitt
Polish - Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Regular
Wax - Swissvax Mirage
Glass - Swissvax Crystal
Door Shuts/Sills - Carlack 68
Engine Bay - 303 Aerospace Protectant
Interior - Vax Ultra (carpets and upholstery), 303 Aerospace Protectant (plastics)
Wheels - Meguiars Hyper Wash, Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Regular. Swissvax Autobahn Wax
Tyres - Meguiars Endurance Gel
Exterior Plastics - Meguiars All Season Dressing
Top Ups and R27 Decals - Swissvax Lotos Speed

For a deep clean I would also use Autoglym ITR, Iron X, Meguiars Clay Bar/Last Touch, Meguiars APC, Meguiars Super Degreaser, Sonax Wheel Cleaner.

Last edited:
Theres some excellent products in there. Ive a whole stack of stuff that i cant even remember. Rotary machine polisher to throw in the mix too.

Theres some excellent products in there. Ive a whole stack of stuff that i cant even remember. Rotary machine polisher to throw in the mix too.
You need plenty of skill to use a Rotary, I had a DA polisher but found it took double the time to polish the car. As you know it's the washing technique that's the most important. Even say I have used Iron X, AG ITR and clayed the car the Swissvax Cleaner Fluid still picks dirt out the paintwork.

The rotary isnt too bad. I found a DA didn't correct the paint properly or easily, took too long.
It only comes out on special occasions! Lol
Yea the washing is the key.

My opinion for this:

Prewash : Bilt-Hamber autofoam (it is most effective), applied with foamlance.
De-iron : Bilt-Hamber Korrosol (cheaper than iron-x, does same job)
Wash: CG Citruswash & Gloss wintertime, Summer CG MR.Pink super suds shampoo
Washmitt: Car pro long sheep mitt
Drying : elite car care yellow ultra soft drying towel "as seen on fifth gear"
Polish:, Rotary polisher flex, scholl concept pads & compounds. Also i have DA 21E dual action machine.
Protect: Finis-Kare 1000P sealant or collinite 915 carnauba wax
Plastics: What i have in shell, autoglym bumper care / vinyl & rubber care etc
Interior: Chemical guys interior cleaner / Auto-finesse spritz interior detailer
Wheels: Sonax or motox wheel cleaner or bilt-hamber korrosol

And when i have really dirty car: Motox solvet cleaner.

Citrus pre wash,sprayed it all over then two snow foams,the car was that filthy.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Honestly, try bilt-hamber auto foam. Undiluted in lance, and adjust foam from lance.
Here we have had many comparsions and tests, BH is the most effective.

Reactions: dogshead