Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

Sweet, I've heard if you run too much gas pressure it can effect the hysteresis of the damper from some videos I was watching (Fat Cat Motorsports on youtube), but sounds interesting so will have a read up on that further. As long as the AST design now clears the drop link on stock offset wheels, then I don't think there's a downside to them when you look at what they offer.

Yeah I'm up for a Wales run once the cars at full health :smile: Which I must make a priority now as it's been a couple of years since I last had a successful full attack track day :'( Cams and fuel system next month I think!!

Managed to get one video sorted but it's pants. Sound comes from the rear camera and it's heavily distorted as expected but better than nothing I suppose. It doesn't look on the video but grossglockner is a very steep descent, that was the last day of the trip and I was running very low on front discs. Therefore nothing special as far as driving is concerned but the views are simply spectacular!

Reactions: Nick
Nice vid - like your driving style there: using the torque a bit and not bouncing off the limiter all the time.

I guess being downhill helps that somewhat. nice brisk but safe driving. Im a fan..........................

Cheers mate.

Exactly as you say, no need for redlining on descents, it helps cooling down the engine after thrashing its guts out on the uphills. Furthermore - especially on such such steep ones - it massively helps with the brakes as the car accumulates speed very quickly!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Great video Yiannis, them views are something else really!

Nice change of camera angle also, usually its on the passenger window!

Reactions: Yiannis197
Love the vid @Yiannis197. You so inspire me to get my 200 into the Alps. Looks like I am on the point of taking early retirement (56 next week & so much crap going on at work). Lots of lovely Alpine passes to try. Beats working any day!

Love the vid @Yiannis197. You so inspire me to get my 200 into the Alps. Looks like I am on the point of taking early retirement (56 next week & so much crap going on at work). Lots of lovely Alpine passes to try. Beats working any day!

If thats the ultimate goal (retirement)....then im very jealous and you are indeed 'the winner' !

I'm sure you've worked damned hard for it. Hope it comes off for you........

Plus we all get to see some mountain pass video's of course. Win-win !!

Loved the video and great choice of camera placement. Roads and scenery look awesome (but also a tad scary - wouldnt want to come off the side of that road!:fearscream:

Thanks a lot guys:smile:

Thanks Johnny! Do it! If you can afford it do it. You simply can't value free time imo. Coming with us next year then?:smile:

Yiannis has no fear..thats 1 thing you need to know about this chap...

haha not sure about that matey, I've def got confidence in the car though:smiley:

awesome video! I know it's in the thread somewhere but what exhaust set up are you running? Akro?

Thanks Tom, as Pav said that's my thread but the exhaust is Akrapovic with modified tailpipes.

Got around to edit a few videos which I finished uploading today. The first is from day 1 on our way from Strasbourg to Switzerland, the other is from on our way to lake Iseo where we lost the drone (we were shooting literally at the road which runs by the lake at the end end of video) and the other from our last day run in B500. Now the last one is a bit naughty but the road is so good that you can't resist. Totally understand any criticism:expressionless:

Just watched the last vid......COMMITTED from you: is the term i think !

Was the Lotus (?) taking it easy'ish in the corners - or were you really able to push him that much ?

Two other questions if i may:

1/ How have you got red steering wheel buttons ! (Like them)

2/ What the hell is that on your left wrist ?

Great vids; great memories im sure and thanks for sharing.