Yet another V6 Airbox question

I've bought the airbox from a fellow member. I've also bought the cup racer airbox mount from renaultsport. Just need to sort out buying a redtop battery and whether I mount it in boot, under pass recaro seat or even lying flat under the airbox.

All good to go, but also waiting on some inlets on fleebay or the forum to get them matched. Going to do it all at once...and possibly need a remap.

I read loads about this conversion on here and other forums and although at the time I was quite sure of the outcome, starting to wonder if its worth the bother
-I heard loss of top end power but gains lower down and more torque
-I've heard that its also one of the best £'s spent on the clio.
-I heard the box was used on racer to restrict power not gain it...
-I heard due to not having any caf doesn't help....
-I heard it sounds great....

Not many fitted one on here and often when they have, its along side cam work so hard to get a good understanding of its worth. Any thoughts??

Last edited:
I know Matt @ TDF says the standard system is excellent, and anything other than a panel filter swap is unnecessary and will reduce power.

TBH it sounds like a mixed review. If you have all of the pieces then there isn't really any reason not to go for it. If it does improve low-mid range power then you are more likely to find the car more driveable in general.

I'd be trusting tdf. With them having extensive knowledge of racing/setting Clio's up, they know best. Sounds like a waste if money.

what you might find is that the v6 airbox is good for mid-range gains and not peak power gains as the clio racers were "standard" engines - so you would be limited on peak power but could do things to pick up mid range torque etc

in the real world and normal driving its mid-range 2500 - 4500rpm you need that extra bit of torque!

-I've heard that its also one of the best £'s spent on the clio.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup:

Do it in combination with the matched inlets and a remap...and enjoy!

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--lightweight-flywheel--remap-VS-Miltek--remap.jpg

Before & after the V6 airbox & lightweight flywheel - (had Miltek & remap already).

Last edited:
Everyone I know in Italy and fitted this V6 airbox give positive opinions. This week I should receive mine, once a week and I should mount it. I have purchased regardless of the cost is not exactly cheap (i have found used for 210€ circa 185 GBP) for its positive opinions of others owners on Italian forum.

Compare it with the old dyno tests to see the benefits (or not....)

I guess what I've found is how can there be 'on going' mixed reviews from Tuners about simple relatively straight forward mods. I've made 3 calls and 3 different responses. Then a forum member posts, obviously shows there are gains to fitting one...all very strange. Its the same argument over matched inlets.....

V6 airbox would be ideal on a cammed engine with matched inlets for that extra air. Dunno on standard engines. as for matched inlets without other bits it sounds expensive for 1 more hp at peak lol

Here is a simple piece of information I’ll share with all who may doubt the effectiveness of a properly tuned Clio. see we’ve purchased 2 Clio’s, one is kept completely stock and the other we’ve modified with a V6 airbox, decat and remap, now in all conditions you may want to imagine, the tuned car is more powerful and accelerates faster either from stand still or mid range. Top speed remains similar to stock, but gets there quicker. Downside is, the airbox without a remap is pointless (except for sound) and power loss will be noticeable.

V6 airbox would be ideal on a cammed engine with matched inlets for that extra air. Dunno on standard engines. as for matched inlets without other bits it sounds expensive for 1 more hp at peak lol

in effect , R3 Access have different admission camme than RS

Last edited:
Here is a simple piece of information I’ll share with all who may doubt the effectiveness of a properly tuned Clio. see we’ve purchased 2 Clio’s, one is kept completely stock and the other we’ve modified with a V6 airbox, decat and remap, now in all conditions you may want to imagine, the tuned car is more powerful and accelerates faster either from stand still or mid range. Top speed remains similar to stock, but gets there quicker. Downside is, the airbox without a remap is pointless (except for sound) and power loss will be noticeable.
Very good piece of info this. Are you running two 197's or two 200's? Also did you do anything with cold air feeds to the V6 airbox?

I'm also good to go, got most bits, I am just waiting for airbox mount to arrive from Renaultsport. I know the racer runs without inner liners so I guess it doesn't need to have any CAF. However another forum member did this with his v6 airbox

Last edited: