Yet another Meg 225 engine in a 197 thread....

I'm in discussions with my mechanic and auto-electrian friends about doing this conversion. They have lots of experience of doing engine and loom swaps, and have had many feature cars in ford mags. As they have never done a clio, they have asked me to ask members on the forum of any things to consider with this conversion. Partically those who have hit any obstacles.

My plain is to buy a 'backended' meg 225. I'm going to fit engine, gearbox, loom and ecu. The plan is also to fit a standalone ecu and larger intercooler and remap. The plain is 300 bhp. The cars stands me a nothing so its def plan.

U don't need stand lone to get 300bhp, stage two map is 270-290 and over 300ft/lbs, problem u will have is heat issues and ecu problem

U don't need stand lone to get 300bhp, stage two map is 270-290 and over 300ft/lbs, problem u will have is heat issues and ecu problem

Sorry, its how I've wrote it. The discussions are that we may keep the standard ecu and use standalone to work though some of the difficulties of managing mapping standard ecu. I may of explained it wrong but my friends got lots of experience of doing this work and is currently doing work with jamsport....

Stand alone for what difficulties??

Supercharger and turbo conversions have to date hit a wall when it came to the mapping the standard ecu. I guess the standalone ecu puts a £1000 on conversion plus mapping so many want to crack mapping standard ecu.

I know you've been exploring this conversion for a while. Is it a relatively easy fit mechanically????

Supercharger and turbo conversions have to date hit a wall when it came to the mapping the standard ecu. I guess the standalone ecu puts a £1000 on conversion plus mapping so many want to crack mapping standard ecu.

I know you've been exploring this conversion for a while. Is it a relatively easy fit mechanically????

u do know that the clio ecu is the dame as the meganes, only differance is the firmware, standalone isn't needed really, but if u have the money, it won't harm

i prefer turbocharged cars to supercharged.
plus, i think the megane engine will have a stronger bottom end as it is already force induction...

i prefer turbocharged cars to supercharged.
plus, i think the megane engine will have a stronger bottom end as it is already force induction...

bottom engien is the same at the clios, but the clio engine is built for high compression and the megane for low

How much is this conversion? Surly will be a lot more than a charger?

R26 conversion\map -Around 3000ish including parts, labour and remap =270 bhp - bigger intercooler 280/290bhp
Supercharger = 4000 fitted = 260 bhp
TB and standalone ECU\map 2500 = 215ish bhp
Cams\exhaust\map (depending on which one) 2000 = 220bhp

Buy an R26. Done. Handles better than a 197/200 out of the box. Remap+coilovers, you'd have to spend an awful lot of cash to build a Clio that would match it.