Yellow stitched Clio 200 floor mats?

Hi all,

Just picked up my 200 last Saturday. I've got some pretty knackered floor mats in there at the moment. I'd like to spend a little more than usual to get the proper RS mats, thing is, I can't find LHD versions anywhere. Not even the dealers I have contacted can source left hand drive versions. Price isn't the issue, it's finding the bloomin' things!

I can only find right hand drive mats. Here's the exact ones I'm talking about (but these are RHD): http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Clio-3-Carpet-Mat-Set-(RS).html

Could anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm happy to sign up for membership on here if I need to do that - just want to get an idea if these things even exist?!

Cheers,
Andy.

For anyone else looking for these, I got them from these guys (ebay link) for £46.50. They are genuine RS 200 mats with the yellow stitching and "Renault Sport" lettering, and the driver's side floor clips.

This is a photo of the driver's mat in my car to show you what they look like. I struggled to find a real example of them online so hopefully this will help someone somewhere. The other 3 mats are just simple dark grey with subtle yellow stitching around the edge. Good quality though, must admit. Photo is a bit over saturated so they aren't quite that yellow!

apu3y6an.jpg

How well do the genuine RS mats wear?

SMC Renault have them on offer for £48 currently and I can swing by to collect next time I go into the office, but nigh on £50 for mats seems expensive - unless they are very good quality?

Cheers.

They do look the part, but you're right £12 a mat is getting quite pricey.

I've only had these in for a week now so can't really comment on how long they last. Quality-wise though, they seem pretty good. Really nice in fact.

If it was between some unbranded £30 mats, or genuine RS mats for £46.50, I'd go for the RS mats (and did!) :wink:

Hi guys, bought the exact same mats from 'official ' dealer vospers, cost me over £70 (mug). drivers side near the pedals has worn through after only 3 months . Iam not heavy footed and only done less than 800 miles. Either mine is defective or they are not up to the job. Either way iam having a nightmare getting it replaced or my money back. The rubber sport ones seem the way to go but v expensive 100+ .hope yours last longer than mine!
Andrew

£70?! Ouch! 800 miles is terrible, hope you manage to get something back from renault.

I'll have a look at mine this weekend and put a photo up of the wear so far. Probably only done 100-200 miles though.

Check by the break / accelerator pedal front and back of the mat, mine are threadbare, ruins the look of them, will post how renault UK /vospers deal with this
Cheers

Ps watch how you pop the studs, I gently prised em off and it came away! My local renault dealer admits they shouldn't do this but says it's the vendors resp. Grrrr

Nope mine are still like new, also take them out every time to hoover and the clips have never shown any signs of damage.

Perhaps they changed the manufacturing process to make them cheaper?

Result :lol: Mine have officially been declared defective and Vospers have very kindly,after much time/energy, agreed to replace them for the 197 rubber ones at no extra charge! v decent of them i think you'd agree. I am sure those with the carpet style ones will last a lot longer than mine did, but if not, they are covered by renaults 12 month guarantee as long as you have bought them from a R. main agent or R.U.k. themselves (keep the invoice) you can get them replaced like for like, or keep pestering as i did....you never know!

I have the rubber RenaultSport ones. Now I'd be the first to admit that I'm hard on mats for some reason but the rubber RenaultSport ones are still looking pretty good after 18 months and 14,000 miles.

Glad to hear you got them sorted AJ. Good to know about the guarantee too...I'm quite heavy on mats with my right heel.

The 200 steering wheel has a yellow stripe though? I personally like the yellow because fits in with the recaros.

I thought it was only 197s that had that interior?! I might be wrong :s

This is what all the 200s I've seen look like...

Darker vent surrounds, yellow speed dials, yellow steering wheel stripe, etc.

car_photo_487366_25.jpg