Yellow seat belts

Yiannis197

Paid Member
I really fancy those yellow seat belts that come with the yellow pack on clios/meganes. Can this yellow set be bought from Renault? Does anyone know? Thanks

I really fancy those yellow seat belts that come with the yellow pack on clios/meganes. Can this yellow set be bought from Renault? Does anyone know? Thanks

I have an Albi blue and am painting my callipers yellow and have yellow braided lines; wasn't sure if yellow seat belts would be overkill but am also interested like you!

I have an Albi blue and am painting my callipers yellow and have yellow braided lines; wasn't sure if yellow seat belts would be overkill but am also interested like you!

That would be awesome actually:smile: but £1200? this is much more than I expected. Maybe consider dying them? I'm sure there is a thread somewhere from a guy who dyed them red or something...

The problem with that is that I won't be able to use the car until I get the belts back. And then I'd have to consider any color fading issues?? Hm...

I enquired about this when the 200 came out and it wasn't £1200 but it also wasn't cheap.

Renault said the labour cost would be massive as most of the interior had to come out...

Yeah it is an option. Probably work out the same price for the two harnesses as 4 Renault belts. From the sound of that you need a cage or a harness bar, I don't know if you do?

Yeah I would love a set of harnesses, but never really felt the need and given that I would want two, £400 is a lot of cash plus I bet they are a pain to live with LOL! :smiley:

Bump

Did anyone get anywhere with this?

Is there any reason why you'd need Renault to do it and not just take the interior out yourself? It's only bolts?

Could them buy the belts through Karl which would be cheaper anyway?

Too many ?'s lol

I wouldn't want to fit belts myself, not the kind of thing you want to install wrong...

Someone over on Cs changed his belts to orange ones from the megane... He was going on about disconnecting batteries and changing fixing points... Seems too complicated for just changing a belt colour :/

Well disconnecting batteries ain't complicated lol

Wouldn't mind see what was involved tho.

Fair dos lol. But I'm sure there was some cutting/modifying of the fixing points to get the belts to work (although they did come from a megane)

I'll see if I can dig the thread out

Megane Seatbelts in Clio 182
Dont think anyone has done this yet. Well, atleast i have not seen it.

Had planned to do this on my old inferno but didnt get around to it before i wrote it off. LOL

So now here it is.

The Purchase

Orange seatbelts out of an Inferno Megane Sport.

I bought these from a breakers yard in london. They needed a bit of a clean buy i wasnt put off by this.

I had previously contacted Fred about fitting these into the baked bean and he said he didnt really know. So i set about attempting to fit these into the bean.

Problem

The first thing i noticed was at the bottom of the megane seatbelts the fastener was totally different. I know the clio had like a bar that the seatbelts slid up and down on and the megane just had a buckle.

I set about cutting this buckle off as i thought it would slide over the bar like the standard clio belts did.

The Bar with standard clio belts on:

IT WORKED. Megane belts on!

Next was fitting it 'bit that fastends to the door pillar' to the door pillar.

The bolt for the clio is really stubby, where as the megane one is quite a bit longer. I look at the back and noticed there where 2 little clips on it. (You can see the 2 little black clips)

So i carefully bent both clips and the bolt dropped out. I then did the same on the clio belts and got the bolt from that, and pushed it into the megane one. Fitted perfectly.

So i bolted that on.

The hard bit

This was what i thought was going to be a bit of a pain in the arse.

Firstly took the rear door card ? off (what a pain in the arse that is btw) then was left with the big recoil machanism thingy at the bottom. In the clio, they sit in a little gap which it fits in. (Sadly i didnt take any pictures as the camera ran out.)

Right. If you look at the picture above, this is the megane seatbelt.

On the megane, im assuming that there was a bolt which screwed into the tapped hole and went into the chassis. On the clio. This is not the same.

There is a bit of metal, around 10cm long which bolts into the chassis further down and then the other end of it is onto the seat belt mechanism.

So i undid this and where it connected to the seatbelt mechanism on the clio was a big old school rivet.

I got a 6MM drill bit and drilled the old rivet out so i could get this piece of metal.

I then got some 10MM hign tensile rivets and dug out my rivet gun. (It needed some WD40. HAA)

I got a 10MM drill bit and drilled the tapped bits out of the megane mechanism so it was nice and smooth, then i placed both bits of metal together and wacked the rivet in. Then just put the bolt back in the bottom of the bracket and put this into the clio chassis.

The Finished Item

Well, overall im really happy with the seatbelts. I need to clean them up a bit more.. (Anyone know what i can use to get a good clean finish ??)

Heres the pictures.

Well. Im BUZZING i finally got them in. I hope you guys like.

Any questions fire them over!

Thanks, Sam!!

Please Note: I disconnected the battery 30 minutes before doing anything to the seatbelts as a precaution.