Y pipe gains (fitted and mapped)

i'll get a vid soon matey,tried to do one today but the rollers at RS Tuning are now in a fully enclosed room (to keep the neighbours happy) so what with the fans,the extractors and my car,it was like being a midget in bee hive,you wouldn't have got a true reflection of the exhaust

Nice gains in the mid range, however, you have less power than before @ >4500rpm, and that's the rpm range when racing.

I would rather have it the other way...

Is the red 100% before the map that flatt spot does not look as aggressive as you had explained ?

Nice gains in the mid range, however, you have less power than before @ >4500rpm, and that's the rpm range when racing.

I would rather have it the other way...

think yr looking at the wrong line,big improvement from 3700RPM to 5400RPM then very similar to before after that from what i can see

Is the red 100% before the map that flatt spot does not look as aggressive as you had explained ?

no thats my last map from rs tuning after fitting cams,i was running decat and ktec cat back at that point,the red line on the graph,trust me on my car anyway the flat spot was bad,really bad,and like i said it was running that lean that running for any length of time i would have thought would cause internal damage

I fitted my Supersprint Y-pipe in January, but only last week I took off the second cat and dyno'd the car again.
Here is the dyno graph ( wheel figures ) with both cats in place vs both cats off. As you can see the maximum power is identical, however there is a massive increase in the midrange.
Next on the list is mapping the flatspot out :smile:

Attachments

• Clio decat.jpg
    Clio decat.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I fitted my Supersprint Y-pipe in January, but only last week I took off the second cat and dyno'd the car again.
Here is the dyno graph ( wheel figures ) with both cats in place vs both cats off. As you can see the maximum power is identical, however there is a massive increase in the midrange.
Next on the list is mapping the flatspot out :smile:

Hmmh...interesting. :wink:

I find your previous midrange strange with this ups & downs...

a little update,

previous to fitting the Y pipe i ran a ktec cat back system and decat,after a remap i had no issues with cold starts but did have a slight flat spot,

since fitting the Y pipe and having it mapped i have no flat spot what so ever but on a morning my car feels a bit stop start for 30 seconds,no where near as bad as the original kangarooing,but the throttle just feels a bit on off ish

just a heads up for anyone wishing to fit this mod