Y pipe gains (fitted and mapped)

the right amount in the right place. I've not got full control of standard ECU's so I only assist and record data, request changes etc. However, we mapped out a flat spot on a cammed 200 with decat with mostly fueling correction only last week

When you say " we " what business is this ?

local ?

hi all,had my Y pipe fitted yesterday and picked the car up this morning,took the mechanic 5 hours to do so cost me £150,only done around 20 miles so far but i can feel a decent flat spot in the usual place,i'd say the flat spot feels similar to the one created when i removed the main cat before having the car mapped and tbh the sprint booster doesn't help matters so i'm going to turn it off until the map is tweaked on monday at RS Tuning,so far i've had no lights or warnings come on the dash and the pops and bangs are crazy,car seems to be taking along time to warm up now though and i'm not sure why and at times i think it sounds a tad raspy but i'm going to get smoggy mark to drive it so i can hear it from the outside,think this maybe just because its new to me and the car had such a deep tone before,i'll do a few vids next week and hopefully report back on the solutions to these problems when paul waves his magic mouse,fingers crossed

Don't forget about the video you promised me mate. Glad your pleased with it, i knew you would be :smile:

no probs matey,cars one the rollers at 1pm monday so might be a touch late to do it when i get home as i don't live near leeds but if the weathers ok i'll have a go the day after

Looking forward to the vid. You get one of it on the rollers?

Should make quite a bang on the limiter.

Looking forward to the vid. You get one of it on the rollers?

Should make quite a bang on the limiter.

see what i can do mate but i know RS Tuning have just changed premise and i've read they now have a waiting room and viewing window so not sure i'll be aloud round my car

okay so drove the car to work and back again today (only 15miles round trip) and i can report that even with the sprint booster turned off the flat spot is worse than i thought,there's know way you could live with this for any length of time,the car splutters badly between 2000-3000 ish RPM,the only fun part about this is the exhaust seriously bangs like a shotgun going off when in this rev range and i mean a shotgun,it doesn't happen everytime but it happens more than enough times in a short drive to get on your tits,makes people jump and turn around,if you give the car the beans from a standing start however through the gears you won't feel it and it makes a nice crack sound on every gear change without fail,strangely i can now feel the cams kicking in again at 5500RPM and the car takes off so maybe the flat spot extends slightly further than i thought,find out monday i hope,also hoping the map finally helps to make my 64mm TB settle fully as well

Paul's mapping made a hell of a difference once it was applied to the decat on my 182, the car will be desperate for extra fuel across the range mate, worth the wait tho...

Paul's mapping made a hell of a difference once it was applied to the decat on my 182, the car will be desperate for extra fuel across the range mate, worth the wait tho...[/QUote

yeah i think you could be right mate,does feel that way,fitting a custom open filter setup tomorrow as well,going to take the maxogen and open cone with me,hoping he'll have time to run them both,see which is best

Simple technology mate based on pressure swing, you have increased the cleanup rate on the cylinders by reducing the back pressure across the cylinders

okay so drove the car to work and back again today (only 15miles round trip) and i can report that even with the sprint booster turned off the flat spot is worse than i thought,there's know way you could live with this for any length of time,the car splutters badly between 2000-3000 ish RPM,the only fun part about this is the exhaust seriously bangs like a shotgun going off when in this rev range and i mean a shotgun

True, but you learn to live with it. :smiley: