Xbox 360 Live Question?

Right this may sound stupid now a days..

Iv always kept up to date with my games etc, until the PS3 and 360 came out, but about a year and a bit ago a got a more than kick ass deal on a brand new 360 so i bought one.

But now im wanting to go live, whats the situation with it now?

How do i get it connected?
What do i need?
Do you still have to pay etc?

:001_unsure:

Cheers guys/girls!

Need a little wireless gadget, they are about £50 but you can have mine off me thats never been used for £45 delivered!!!

Then you need to subscribe to xbox live, thats why I never used my wireless thing because it was a rip off and I wouldnt have used it seeing as I dont even use my xbox.

The xbox live is one of the reasons I didnt get one! I dont like gettin ripped off and I know of a fair few people who have had money taken by fraud.
Thats why I went for the ps3 - oh and blu ray is amazing!!! :smile:

...a PS3 is the better machine IMO...looked at the 360 before purchase and the fact that Xbox is charged for on line play made my mind up.....

the other benefit of the ps3 is you dont have to buy batteries for the controller every week lol! that would really wind me up!

Least the 360 has a decent games catalogue to play online :wink:

Also, you dont have to by batteris every week. Once a month if you play daily, but if you do that then you might as well buy a play and charge kit for under a tenner.

As for live, either need wireless adaptor, ehternet cable to your network, or a wireless laptop running xp. Also need gold live membership.

Online play on 360 is brilliant. Especially COD and Forza

Slightly off topic but Personally I think the 360 is much better online. I Have owned both consoles but decided to keep the 360.

In game graphics on the 360 are known to be superior to that of the PS3 (aslong as they are attached toa HD TV) and also the speed of the game in PS3 is much faster than in the 360, making gaming much more frantic. Sounds crazy but they are engineered differently for different consoles.

I know it's a pain having to pay £30 odd quid a year for xbox live gold, but there are very few server problems. The PS3 however has had some major server problems as Sony do not own the network of servers they use and rely on the other company to maintain them. Just recently two friends have sold their PS3 for a 360 becuase of these problems as they could never get online on COD:MW2.

IMO playing online on the 360 is not something you necessaily do for fun, if your good it's great but due to the utter amount of nerds online who spend every waking hour playing it can be quite tedious when your horrificly bad at a game.

The PS3 is far more relaxed online and most people just play for fun. It's the console that people aged 20+ have rather than kids on the 360.

I'm sure once you get Xbox Live you'll love it.

Last edited:
Wow, leave it for a few hours and its turned into a debate! lol!

I was a dedicated Playstation fan until i bought the xbox crystal and then bought the 360! Got the 360 (the one below the elite) six games and a controller brand new for 91 quid out of asda!

But anyways, i just wondered how easy it was, don't mind paying 30 quid if im gonna get the 30 quids worth! Also just plug and play with the ethernet cable?

stumac - Im curious about the laptop running wireless and xp? how does that work mate?

Thanks guys!

To connect your Xbox to the internet you do this...

Use the ethernet cable that came with the Xbox to connect Xbox to laptop...

Go into control panel -> network and internet -> network and sharing -> manage network connection.

You should have 2 connections now... Wireless and local area.

Select both of them, right click -> bridge connections. Job done

Mine wouldn't work without bridging the connection. Xbox was recognised by the laptop but nothing linking the Xbox to the wireless link hence the reason to bridge.

Similar Thread Suggestions