Wtf

Roy

clio197.net legend
Sir Trevor mcdoughnut just said
2.000.000 none insured cars on the road today
Gits

but this gets me, the dvla have a data base of all the cars ont he road, the ones that dont have insurance, put a warrent out for their arrest, and dont hit them with a crappy fine ban them for like a year or something

but this gets me, the dvla have a data base of all the cars ont he road, the ones that dont have insurance, put a warrent out for their arrest, and dont hit them with a crappy fine ban them for like a year or something

Ban them for a year and they'll just drive them unlicensed and uninsured.

I say set fire to the lot of them and sell their cars for money.

They should replace speed cameras for active ANPR ones connected to the central database.

Proof of active use of a none insured cars on the road.

They should replace speed cameras for active ANPR ones connected to the central database.

+1 and I don't think they should crush the cars either, it's not always old bangers that get seized, they should sell them and put the proceeds towards compensating the people who are in accidents caused by these uninsured ****s.

There is no real deterrant for not being insured though. IIRC the 'fine ' increased to £100 earlier this year. Essentially that means I could get caught 6 times a year and still be better off given the cost of this years insurance.

I dont care who you are you should be able to afford insurance if you can afford a car it is just a choice the scum make. Yeah £35 increase on premiums isn't something that concerns me, the real issue is if one of the low life crashes into me and I have to pay out my excess and lose my no claims!!! That will add up to an extra £1000 on my next years insurance if it happened... :@

To be fair, quite a few insurance companies cover you if you're hit by an uninsured driver these days, not that it makes it right to drive round uninsured

There is no real deterrant for not being insured though. IIRC the 'fine ' increased to £100 earlier this year. Essentially that means I could get caught 6 times a year and still be better off given the cost of this years insurance.
^
this is way so many people dont have insurance plus the fact insurance has gone up so much in the last few years.
I have overheard people saying "got a quote for my £200 car i just bought and they want £1000 insurance, f**k that i wont bother getting any"

Then partly because of this WE have to pay extra!!

They really need to sort it out.

They should scrap the current insurance system. Load the cost onto fuel duty instead. Everyone that drives would then be insured.

crush there cars i say!! it really pisses me off

+1 and I don't think they should crush the cars either, it's not always old bangers that get seized, they should sell them and put the proceeds towards compensating the people who are in accidents caused by these uninsured ****s.

the law on insurance of cars has just changed....

if its not sorn then it HAS to be insured - this is going to be checked by the dvla and mid and then letters sent out - if its not sorted fine and seizure i think of the vehicles

if they are all removed from the road do we think our polices will reduce by £35 :tongueout:anic:

Last edited:
Think not Si will only keep rising while there is no one watching what they are doing

The police do crush some of them, but they go out and buy another not MOT'd nail the next day for £50 from their mate Stu down the road. TBH, the cost of everything these days is enough to just say F it, I'm not going to bother sticking to the law, it doesn't get you anywhere better then the ones that don't. Things need to change.

The police do crush some of them, but they go out and buy another not MOT'd nail the next day for £50 from their mate Stu down the road. TBH, the cost of everything these days is enough to just say F it, I'm not going to bother sticking to the law, it doesn't get you anywhere better then the ones that don't. Things need to change.

Totally agree Arran

whats a joke is when caught they get a fine and then points on a licence they dont have :lol:

seriously whats the point!! and of course the £21 court costs and fine of £1.75 :zap:

Ye, points on a non existent licence is a joke! They are basically saying, if you pass your test, we'll take it off you straight away. Ha ha!

Yup, it is a joke, just like the rest of the legal system...

I think that it needs to be followed by some jail time along with crushing their car and sending them the bill!