Wrist watch check...

40th birthday present from my wife in 2000. Bought in Canada & saved £300 from UK price even after declaring it at UK customs. Worn every day. No point in leaving it tucked away unless I am doing physical, manual work.WP_20170501_12_38_51_Pro.jpg

40th birthday present from my wife in 2000. Bought in Canada & saved £300 from UK price even after declaring it at UK customs. Worn every day. No point in leaving it tucked away unless I am doing physical, manual work.View attachment 18777

VERY nice Johnny. I like the Bronze (?) on that alot. And you cant beat a chunky stainless strap IMO. And the Breitling is lush Pete. Looks a 'big lump' that !

My nice watch gets used and abused too....well; its gets worn alot and i bought a stainless version for one because it was cheaper; and two - it would take some abuse as a daily.

IMG_6475_zpshuegmdah.jpg

@sevenfourate

Can't go wrong with a Rolex mate probably the safest watches value wise you can buy. I have a couple of tags one cheapish one and a pricey one both worthless now. The breitling was a gift i never used to wear it luckily my Mrs is an avid watch buyer she swapped the strap to leather and it transformed it love it.

I don't really splurge on watches anymore because i end up hammering them somehow my Mrs keeps them looking new but mine get ruined after a year or so.

Reactions: sevenfourate
VERY nice Johnny. I like the Bronze (?) on that alot. And you cant beat a chunky stainless strap IMO. And the Breitling is lush Pete. Looks a 'big lump' that !

My nice watch gets used and abused too....well; its gets worn alot and i bought a stainless version for one because it was cheaper; and two - it would take some abuse as a daily.

IMG_6475_zpshuegmdah.jpg
VERY nice @sevenfourate. I said to the salesman that I wanted to look at the TAG with the copper on it & he said "Actually it's rose gold". I felt a bit of a numpty, but I love it.

Last edited:
I have this G-Shock GR-8900A-1ER which I got for my birthday 3 years ago. It looks so cool and does a cracking job being solar powered. The most low maintenance watch ever!
Casio_G_Shock_horlogeband_GR8900A_1ER.jpg
I'm currently using an Apple Watch series 1 which my CEO said I could use, and it does the job - nothing special. I only use it to track my steps each day as it links to my Vitality healthcare app that gives me a free Starbucks every week :smiley:
alu-spacegray-sp.jpg
If my contract doesn't renew, I'll just have to give it back and use the G Shock if I stay in Tech/Media. If I have to go back to the corporate life, then I'll be back to wearing this:
img10303348330.jpg
Like that Seiko.

I got a few. Nothing too expensive - bar one. And there's the one im wearing today of course.......

IMG_6407_zpsrs6v8sc8.jpg
Oh Syer, the blue one 3rd from top with the orange bits from the face of the 4th one down would be made for your car. Maybe send the blue one to sprayshack & see what they can do. :wink:

Reactions: stevef175
Small but growing collection.

G-Shock M-Sport edition is the daily work watch, we have a Genuine TAG F1 and a Genuine Fake TAG.

Got a few others in a draw that I've collected over the year. 3/4 G-Shocks

d80c15fffdc63dde37cc80d897bd7bf8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some very nice watches in here.

Currently only rocking a gen1 Apple Watch. Would like to wear more but kind of messes up the activity tracking if you don't wear it every day, plus it controls all my lights and stuff.
IMG_0803.JPG

Small but growing collection.

G-Shock M-Sport edition is the daily work watch, we have a Genuine TAG F1 and a Genuine Fake TAG.

Got a few others in a draw that I've collected over the year. 3/4 G-Shocks

d80c15fffdc63dde37cc80d897bd7bf8.jpg

G-Shock is my work-watch. Dont really know alot about them tbh - other than it takes everything i can throw at it !

I know some are really collectable and very expensive. THAT 'M' Edition is uber-cool. Like that alot and never seen one before.....

Reactions: stevef175
G-Shock is my work-watch. Dont really know alot about them tbh - other than it takes everything i can throw at it !

I know some are really collectable and very expensive. THAT 'M' Edition is uber-cool. Like that alot and never seen one before.....

M-Sport Edition... made it myself with a pair of M-Sport stickers you'd normy find on a BMW wheel.. [emoji12][emoji23]

Might have known we'd have some watch boxes on here - and might have known @sevenfourate would be one of them :smiley:

Honestly M8. Bar the obvious one - they are all sub £80 watches. I swap around and change it up if i see i bargain.

You are the one with an expensive "wall-hanger" :tongueout: A watch that's far too nice to be left in a dark cupboard may i add. Its stunning buddy. Wear it ! No prizes for leaving this planet with the least worn watch :smile:

Reactions: kevlar
The environment I work in, thst watch wouldn't last 5 minutes.

I do wear it when I go out but I'm at work 6 days a week so there's only the evenings I'd be able to - and as not a watch wearer I don't even think to put one on!

Some real nice watches going on here - keep them coming Im after a chrono tried one on saturday Seiko SSc017:

91NPxzp-vVL._UY550_.jpg

Reviews are good need to decide on a colour!.

The store I went to saturday was an experience, showed the 'older lady' in the shop the one I wanted to try on, I pulled my sleeve up as wanted to compare size to my Orient diver I had on...she then started to explain it was a divers watch up to 200m, hang on did you not notice I already have a divers watch and it clearly states 200m on the dial...I then asked if they had the other colours, she had to ask and they said no...then proceed to grab another divers watch with no chrono to show me WTF? I explicitly explained I was after a chrono no wonder people shop online..

To top it all off wife started, why are you looking at divers watches? - you cant even swim?, you only bought a watch a month ago?.

Note to self do not take wife watch shopping in future.

Reactions: Pav and Johnny 99
I have a Seiko myself..great looking watch and I've had mine for over 6 years now with no issues...

Reactions: kevlar
Some real nice watches going on here - keep them coming Im after a chrono tried one on saturday Seiko SSc017:

91NPxzp-vVL._UY550_.jpg

Reviews are good need to decide on a colour!.

The store I went to saturday was an experience, showed the 'older lady' in the shop the one I wanted to try on, I pulled my sleeve up as wanted to compare size to my Orient diver I had on...she then started to explain it was a divers watch up to 200m, hang on did you not notice I already have a divers watch and it clearly states 200m on the dial...I then asked if they had the other colours, she had to ask and they said no...then proceed to grab another divers watch with no chrono to show me WTF? I explicitly explained I was after a chrono no wonder people shop online..

To top it all off wife started, why are you looking at divers watches? - you cant even swim?, you only bought a watch a month ago?.

Note to self do not take wife watch shopping in future.

A guy at work has EXACTLY the watch above in those same colours.

Lovely piece of kit. Just the right size and just the right amount of glitz and glam IMO.

Reactions: kevlar and Pav