WRC 2017

Superb. Thankyou. Im a petrol-head. I'll love it - just never followed for whatever reason.

Wifes just walked out the door. Guess whats coming on my TV shortly !

Or Motors TV if you have it. They do an update every night when there's one on.

Or Motors TV if you have it. They do an update every night when there's one on.

Cheers chaps.

Have to say i didnt find the format of CHNL 5's coverage very inspiring. for some reason. Perhaps i'll try Motors next time around.

Cars and drivers were incredible as expected. Again though - unfortunately i didnt find the snow up my street. And Monte Carlo was no longer available. I have a feeling i would have absolutely loved that.

EDIT: Just found some vids on youtube - alot of Monte Carlo was snow / ice infected too. Even if it was just a light dusting. None of the drivers seemed too bothered by it though !

WRC lost its spark years ago....

Could not disagree more with that. It's still very enjoyable and if the rest of this year is as good as the first two I'll be very happy.

Not Group B days for sure but it remains a thrilling watch for me.

Cheers chaps.

Have to say i didnt find the format of CHNL 5's coverage very inspiring. for some reason. Perhaps i'll try Motors next time around.

Cars and drivers were incredible as expected. Again though - unfortunately i didnt find the snow up my street. And Monte Carlo was no longer available. I have a feeling i would have absolutely loved that.

EDIT: Just found some vids on youtube - alot of Monte Carlo was snow / ice infected too. Even if it was just a light dusting. None of the drivers seemed too bothered by it though !

You're welcome mate.

Here's Mads Ostberg deciding that seeing as he wasn't going to win anything he was going to do the biggest jump off Colin's Crest:

Total DUDE! He went even further the second time he did it. And while he was waiting for confirmation said it was "the most important thing in the world" that he beat this jump :smiley:

Ace.

Awesome video clip! Love the WRC. Blown away by the sheer talent and car control these guys have. Beats F1 any day.

I also love the way the cars look with the wide side arches and spoilers. One of the reasons I love the cup spoiler give it that Motorsport look.

Paul

Reactions: ///M
Yes F1 is too play station generation in my view... WRC however has always been less forgiving, if you make a mistake its pretty over, no run off area no second chances... The cars are also more accessible too, I once owned VTS Citroen, I watched the frenchman (Loeb) hammer ever landscape on the circuit. I miss the good old days of Great real dirt racing.

Reactions: paul jennings
I would say the flame is well and truly lit now!

Completely agree Locke. Only annoying thing for me is the lack of TT coverage on it as I only have Freeview I only get itv highlights.
For me though the old school wrc cars will always be close to my heart watching them in my younger years but still today it's a great championship along with British touring cars

Here's clip of some of the 2016 wrc highlights. Watch out for the clio a Couple of minuets into the film lol! :french:

Last edited:
Just watched the final day of Mexico, and my God is Meeke a lucky lucky boy. He's lucky he didn't write off some spectators' cars although at least one Merc is going home with some slight rear end damage lol

Reactions: sevenfourate
Just watched the final day of Mexico, and my God is Meeke a lucky lucky boy. He's lucky he didn't write off some spectators' cars although at least one Merc is going home with some slight rear end damage lol

What a Finnish! I was out of seat when he decided to race round the car park seconds from the Finnish line!! Great rally always a thrill to watch.

Paul

Great rally. Good to see another driver/manufacturer win. Meeke was so lucky you could see him visibly shaken! Roll on Corsica!

Been entertaining family for the weekend so missed this. Well pleased for Meeke and that car park incident sounds VERY lucky indeed!

Did Meeke lose his bearings it that car park or was he just showing off! I wasn't sure if he hit the silver car in the car park or not. Did anyway make it out if he did?

It was a Passat and he give the rear of it a good belt. He got disorientated and couldn't find his way out of the car park.

He was leading by 37 seconds so still managed a win.

Reactions: LOCKE and ///M

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
6705russell Motorsport 17
pacenotes Spotted 1
Adrian Other Marques 10
simoxmino Motorsport 16
Rick197 Motorsport 18