Wing vents

now I'm under the impression the wing vents do naff all and seem to have a padded bag behind them so in theory they couldn't vent anything if they wanted to.

But my drivers vent has no bag behind it and is clearly venting something out as you can see it change how the dirt is sitting on the side of the car compared to the passenger side.

Has anyone looked into how they do or don't work?
Any ideas what it's venting out and where from?

they do but very minimal..if you take your front bumper off you will see..not sure who designed this but the vents are blocked by a plastic piece..

they do but very minimal..if you take your front bumper off you will see..not sure who designed this but the vents are blocked by a plastic piece..

yup, having had the wings off recently, they do bugger all!

Reactions: Pav
If you had holes in the arch liners or no arch liners that'd probably also aid getting some heat dissipation from the brakes area. Not a lot though.

I think they're mainly styling, and they do suit the car.

I thought they where there to aid cooling from the engine bay, I’m sure that’s what the original designer said, think there is a video on it

extracting air from wheel arches helps with the aero...hence why ferrari & porsche have it on their newest sporting models

If you look at all modern LMP1 and 2 in racing you’ll see big openings on the top of each wheel arch. This is to allow the escape of positive pressure from the wheel arch. This regulation was a reaction to the 1998 le Man 24hr when two Mercedes CLRs did huge summersaults due to a build up of pressure from under the car.
Fender vents have no real road car application as most road cars don’t have flat bottom floors.
Still, looks cool in the super maker car park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
If you look at all modern LMP1 and 2 in racing you’ll see big openings on the top of each wheel arch. This is to allow the escape of positive pressure from the wheel arch. This regulation was a reaction to the 1998 le Man 24hr when two Mercedes CLRs did huge summersaults due to a build up of pressure from under the car.
Fender vents have no real road car application as most road cars don’t have flat bottom floors.
Still, looks cool in the super maker car park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably safe to say the clios are more styling then lol!

We just point to our functional rear diffusers and twin exit exhausts amongst the Dynamiques... for what it's worth :worried:

and the little right angled plastic things if you look under the car infront of the front wheels :wink: