Windscreen/ rain sensor

Some mug in a passat ripped across infront of me yesterday,showering my car with cr@p, subsequently the windscreen is now chipped very badly. Next door neighbour is a windscreen fitter says it cant be fixed. Rang insurance and they wanted to know if it has a rain sensor. Is it on the windscreen? sorry if thats a ridiculous question. Also when i have the new one fitted how will i know if its an OE windscreen and not just the cheapest thing theyve got? thanks.

The rain (and light) sensor is located behind the rear view mirror; there will be a large blacked out area, with a small window in the middle, through which the sensor can be seen.

As above, also your stalk controls will be different will have little rain drops to adjust the sensitivity.

You have to inform Autoglass or who ever you are getting to replace the screen that you want an OEM one, mine took around 3 weeks to come in as it was a special order from France.

You will be able to tell if its OEM by the Renault branding and logos in the bottom right (looking at the car from the front) of the screen.

Some people will try and tell you there is no difference between the OEM and copy glass, but there is.