Windows 7 - no Internet connection.

Hi all

My mothers laptop is connected to our wireless lnetwork at home, I am sat here on the iPad writing this fine. My laptop, and other family members laptops on the wireless network work fine. Our phone connected to the wireless network do and don't work sometimes on this network.

I have looked on the Internet for a resolution but everything that is listed seems to not work.

I've tried to update the network card drivers but no luck

Remove apples bonjour thing, which wasn't on there so that didn't work

And disable and enable the networks....

Nothing so far!!!!

Can any of you computer geeks please help me :smile:

Or help me mam :smile: thanks all in advance for your answers

Will

What network are you with, BT, Sky, etc.? Has she put the Key in to connect?

My iPhone will pick up all manner of Networks around the centre of Manchester and it will say connected but won't let me browse.

Virgin mate.

Yeah we have our own network with a stupendous key. It's correct, it words are.

Connected to so and so network
No internet access

I'm stumped... Not a big computer whizz though

Thanks

Will

Edit: her laptop was working fine on this network before Xmas, after Xmas she cannot remember when but this message has seemed to appear.

Last edited:
Gah, I'm stumped then to be honest mate, that's about as far as my knowledge of WiFi goes. :worried:

Hi weo,

Can you access the router from its IP address?

If you can:

Go onto the laptop.

Type in the "search" box "cmd"
Then type in "iconfig /all"
This wil bring up the network card details. And your looking for the MAC address and IP address of the network card.
If you have these then the laptop is talking to the router ok as its obtaining an address.

If, you have the above details, to make sure you are connected. Log onto the router and look for something that indicates "what devices are on your network". Then it should have the IP address and the MAC address of your laptop.

If you do the above and you can see its connected to the router, generally I would say some type of software based program is stopping you from accessing the Internet.

If you do not have an IP address (you will always get a MAC address). Then go into device manager of the laptop and find the wireless device. You should be able to roll back the driver to a privous state.

Which make of laptop is it?

To eliminate the stupid question, but is the Wifi switched on?

Depending on what laptop you have, some have a wifi switch on the top by the keyboard, is there a chance this is turned off?