Wills Glacier White 197 Project. Updated 24/6/2012

Righto, tooks some pictures of the dash all inside the car, the air vents, and radio surround top look awesome not 100% happy with the dash strips and centre console, as you can see a few (albeit very little) patches of glue. But this doesnt really matter as its getting sent off to Sean at GarnishDip to get sorted soon.

DSC_0063.jpg
DSC_0064.jpg
DSC_0065.jpg
DSC_0066.jpg
DSC_0067.jpg
DSC_0068.jpg

Also some Xenon white bulbs came yesterday (10) so I fitted 6 of those into the 2 headliner lights, 2, 1 in each door trim, 1 in the boot and have 1 left to go in the glovebox (heard its a glovebox out job so just popped on to see how then it will get done) they dont look too bad for £5.49

DSC_0070.jpg

Thats it for now, Lowering springs are due to go on at the weekend =]

Mate, the interior trim is looking good!

May I ask your method of removing the various bits? I wouldn't mind doing something with my air con vents as they're pretty boring in plain black!

Yeah mate, you need something preferably plastic and thin, (credit card) I use a rubber spatula :wink: pop it inbetween the vent and dash and gently work it out, go around the vent making sure it comes out evenly.

Once the vent is out there is clips holding the black plastic front to the vent it's self, gently push the clips in and remove the front.

Then cover spray etc as you will :wink:

Little up date.

Bought a armrest from Fleabay without propper fixings to the car which was all good for 2 reasons, dont fancy screwing it into my console.... and was cheaper :smile:

Anyways I made a stand for it, which uses the 2 bolts in the side near the rear cup holder. Simples really, Am I right in saying the only other method for an armrest is an Armster one at £90+?

anyways i lets the pics do the talking, made the box out of mdf and wrapped it in carbon fibre vinyl for now, got some carpet on the way so it blends in =]

DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg
DSC_0018.jpg
DSC_0019.jpg

Enjoy!

Will

Edit: Yes the car is flithly, dont fancy cleaning it when its not lifted out of the minus figures for the past week =( and the stitching on the top of the armrest probably was done by a chinese 4 year old but hey! hopefully get it retrimmed soon to match car interior

Last edited:
Looking good mate. I fancy doing this myself. Did you have to cut the sides off the mounting/pivot bracket, and then fix this to your modded mdf mount?
thanks
dave

Looking good mate. I fancy doing this myself. Did you have to cut the sides off the mounting/pivot bracket, and then fix this to your modded mdf mount?
thanks
dave

Yeah mate, the made some brackets which hold the mdf but to the existing screws in the back on the centre unit :smile:

Right change of plan with the evo Recaro's after looking into fitting them its more hard work than anticipated, so may have a potential buyer but if hes not interested by end of the week they will be on ebay.

got some eibach which ive had for ages still to go on the car, probs go on when serviced in june and have my spare centre console sent away being flocked as we speak =)

and a few lil tweaks ive done today from gallery section

"After using some wheel cleaner from "morrisions" stupidly... took the paint off of my diamonds so i resprayed them to match the brembos, im not sure weather i love them or just like them....

Also got some trims fitted, and these dont rattle against the diffuser! Win! think they look pretty cool too.

Fitted a 3/4 front plate as the old one was letting in water but forgot to take a picture.

Anyway shes filthy but heres the little tweaks."

DSC_0211.jpg
DSC_0210.jpg
DSC_0209.jpg
DSC_0207.jpg
DSC_0206.jpg
DSC_0212.jpg

Enjoy,

Will

car looks great mate. like the red diamonds think they a nice touch.arm rest a nice touch too. if im honest was hoping to spray my wheels black n have red diamonds aswell as my car is red. you have done me a favour now can see how it looks :tongueout:

i like the idea of the red diamonds goes really well with the callipers its weird how the smallest of touches makes such a difference

Only just saw these replies lol :smile: cheers, took the armrest out, however I did like it just felt the use for cup holder more useful ( plus as it was cheap my fat ass broke it when I parked on gf's drive and had to shuffle over to get out passenger side) embarrassing not even fat lol

And I'm still 50/50 on the caps, but like said its diff and it's kinda growing on me, it was red or black...

DSC_0001.jpg

Steering wheel trim wrapped and decal'd

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Also to come this/next week

- Service @ Diamond motors by Mick
- Hel Braided lines
- Lowering springs (Eibach 25-30mm)
- Renaultsport Splitter
- Megane Foot rest

So she has been serviced and finally been lowered! also had some Hel lines fitted and the Renaultsport splitter.
Stretch.jpg
Splitter.jpg
Sideshot.jpg
Lowered.jpg
ContrastHigh.jpg