Wills Glacier White 197 Project. Updated 24/6/2012

Hey, so its about time I started one of these progress threads. Today I have had the car 1 Year!! And I absolutly love it! I never thought I would modify the car, and maybe I havent massively but the list ive just wrote seems pretty big =0 Anyway from the Start here goes.

21st November 2010. Approx 2.30am.
BANG.

IMG.jpg

Woke up to this Land Rover in the middle of the road, he came around the corner drunk, lost control, rolled it inwards towards the passengerside kurb going around a left hand corner.... anyway he hit 3 cars. 1 being my very high powered top spec Citroen C2! (1.1l Base model "Design")

IMG4.jpg
IMG5.jpg
IMG6.jpg
IMG33.jpg

I was however looking to sell this and buy a Clio 197.
The bonnet had a little rust on but nothing this drunk's insurance couldnt fix.

So the car went away to the menders to be fixxed.
New Bonnet
p/s wing
d/s wing
d/s wing mirror
and a Bumper repair later the car was back in my hands.

Now the search was on for a clio 197.

I was set on a Nimbus R27, until the dealer rung be the day before i was going for a test drive saying it had been sold.
At the time there wasnt many others I liked out there with decent milage on.
I then saw what would be my Glacier White 197.

Here though I had to compromise on 2 things.

No Recaros.
No cup spoiler.

The cup spoiler was an easy fix and I was so excited and loved how mean it looked in white with black wheels, also how well it drove and handled. I put a deposit down and picked the car up on January the 15th 2011.

Upon collection i realised the car didnt have wheel locking nuts and never had i been the owner of a car with alloy wheels it was straight to Halfrauds to buy some locking nuts.

When i went home the first thing i ordered was a cup spoiler which came and went off to the body shop asap!

IMG28.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg
Fitted.

I also brought some Carbon fibre badges and Renaultsport exhaust trims.

IMG_0800-1.jpg

The exhaust trims, went on, lasted less than a week before I realised they were not to my taste and was getting slightly annoyed with them rattling on the diffuser (my bro fitted them is my excuse...:wink: )

Next i was in desperate need of some new rubber! and i read some awesome reviews on the Hankook evo v12's so on 4 of those went.

IMG_0798.jpg

Me and the missus decided to go away to devon for a week so out the back seats came and down went some matting, and a spare wheel in the boot

IMG_0926.jpg
IMG_0949.jpg
IMG_0927.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg

and whilst the seats were out her brother took advantage of the poor car....
IMG_1046.jpg

Leather folding sofa bed in the back....

Somehow i didnt see it fitting in the back of his heavily modified (Fusion sponsored show car)
SDC10927.jpg
SDC10923.jpg

Time went on and little suttle mods were done

IMG_1065.jpg
Wind deflectors

IMG_0804.jpg
IMG_0801.jpg
Silvervisions.

IMG_1171.jpg
Dash bits all out and sprayed
IMG_1176.jpg
looked shocking so i wrapped them in fabric
SDC11630.jpg
SDC11626.jpg
SDC11621.jpg
SDC11623.jpg

The previous owner had the door handles, bullets and wheels sprayed gloss black (wing mirror covers too) i liked all of these apart from the bullets so me and my dad sprayed them a silver colour again, not an exact match but good enough for my RS bullet spotting eye :wink:
IMG_1052-1.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg

At the same time I took all the centre caps off as they were still anthacite and sprayed them gloss black
IMG_0216-1.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg

I added a tow strap... got alot of stick from Cliosport.net but eh well i liked it, it is off now tho
IMG_0219.jpg

And most recently i have wrapped all the dash parts again including the air vents and a-pillars
DSC_0060.jpg
DSC_0059.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg

To come i have a set of 25mm lowering Eibachs springs waiting to be fitted. Thanks to biffobear.

The car should be going into the garage this week for these to be fitted hopefully!

Thanks for being bored to death so far.
Will

Last edited:
did you post that pic before of that crash. Sure I see that before while back.

Nice car mate.

Yes mate when i joined the forum.

Never thought i would do a project thread, i thought of them as for the people who modify their cars to great extents. but i decided to do one, and do it properly like.. as a story :wink:

It's was outside my missus's house, I was on nights about 3 months ago and she text me at about 2 in the morning saying some young chav wrote his Saxo off around the corner hitting another car that got hit last time, un lucky :-0

Interesting read / piccies!

I added a tow strap... got alot of stick from Cliosport.net but eh well i liked it, it is off now thoWill
There's not much you don't get s**t for on that forum... :\

Very true!
Still a laugh to see everyone's opinions and thoughts.

Only thing about it is. If it's a 172/182 and it doesn't have turinis... then it's ****.

If its a 197/200 and doesn't have speedlines it's ****....

Etc etc

Last edited:
Thank you :smile:

I believe the previous owner had all of the following sprayed gloss black

Door handles
Bullets
Wheels
Grills
Diffuser
Mirror caps