Why Clio's annoy me......Part 1.

Don't Halfords do a free fitting service, or do they avoid cars they know are a pain?

They see a Renault badge and probably downright refuse there and there! Somewhere in the small print of the terms and conditions it probably states that French vehicles are exempt

Reactions: Dystant
Don't Halfords do a free fitting service, or do they avoid cars they know are a pain?

Not sure about free. Bit I'm sure you could probably pay a couple of quid for fitting yes.

****I personally would avoid the teenage workers that are the Halfords Elite though.

I'm all for learning on the job. However practice on someone else's motor - not mine :smile:

The picture says it how it is for this annoyance! 3 people tried and failed the dipped beam replacement, nipping it in to Renault tomorrow morning!

98f4f3dc574767839c7ae6d429b58679.jpg

I'm not sure about the 200, but I used to take the wheel arch liner out on my 197 to change the bulbs. The only time I had to take the bumper off, is when the clip came off, and clattered in to the bottom of the headlight!

I'm sure they'll already have been covered... but;

1) Cold Start
2) Light Stalk for flashing main beam - mine is now at a point where it only works 1/10 times, the other 9 main beam clicks fully on
3) No "soft touch" indicators, as in flick the leaver and it'll flash 3 times and turn itself off
4) No 1 sweep wiper, as above it's click on click off

1) Cold Start
2) Light Stalk for flashing main beam - mine is now at a point where it only works 1/10 times, the other 9 main beam clicks fully on
3) No "soft touch" indicators, as in flick the leaver and it'll flash 3 times and turn itself off

You can fix the main beam flash. Take it apart and clean the rollers.

Reactions: sevenfourate

have you tried pulling lever gently towards you, like you were to use sprinkler, but with less force? just one single fast pull.
it works at least in my 200 RS

.....point 125. The sharpness of the edge of the parcel shelf.

Despite being paper-thin; it must have been someones job in the factory back in the day to sharpen up the rear edge......

Bugger me: i bent in to get my bag out at work during the week and ripped 3" of one side of my head open on it. Must have nearly needed stitches. Blood everywhere !

Still; i've evened it up 5 mins ago by cutting the other side on it whilst hoovering the boot. So i now have a matching pair.

Spiffing.

.....point 125. The sharpness of the edge of the parcel shelf.

Despite being paper-thin; it must have been someones job in the factory back in the day to sharpen up the rear edge......

Bugger me: i bent in to get my bag out at work during the week and ripped 3" of one side of my head open on it. Must have nearly needed stitches. Blood everywhere !

Still; i've evened it up 5 mins ago by cutting the other side on it whilst hoovering the boot. So i now have a matching pair.

Spiffing.

I'm sensing some anger bubbling away there, Shuv :smile: what with this and Stitchgate, you ain't having much luck of late :smile: totally sympathise with you on parcel shelf issue though, I've had a couple of nasty gashes from it as well... If you get pulled over by the Police and asked if you have an offensive weapon in the car, you now have to reply 'Yes'!

I'm sensing some anger bubbling away there, Shuv :smile: what with this and Stitchgate, you ain't having much luck of late :smile: totally sympathise with you on parcel shelf issue though, I've had a couple of nasty gashes from it as well... If you get pulled over by the Police and asked if you have an offensive weapon in the car, you now have to reply 'Yes'!

Im all good. Just dramatising an otherwise uneventful Sat morning.

But yea - lol. That shelf is a spiteful little Devil !!

Reactions: Jimmy

Similar Thread Suggestions