Whoooooppppp!!!!!!

Well,

after 6 months of working 30 hours a week on a voluntary internship scheme, ive been offered a contract by the place ive been working!

im absolutely over the moon, getting paid £250 per week, not a fantastic wage but its more than i was getting from jobseekers allowance (i was allowed to claim on the grounds of my internship).

im doing some jigs and fixtures design work for a company that makes driver information systems for car manufacturers! finally employed in the area of my degree!

so so so so happy!

cheers mate!

just keep at it, something will happen! do voluntary work if you need to, that way you can show prospective employers what you can do in a practical situation rather than just infront of an interview panel.

or get a temping job 3-4 days per week to get some money coming in, and work voluntary when you can.

finally, sign up to www.stuckforstaff.com for promotional work, its not particularly difficult or relevant to anything but its normally only weekend work or a few days and it pays VERY well!

great news :thumbup:

just wish something would come my way !
try B&Q they employ wrinklies i've seen loads of pensioners working there :lol::lol::lol:

only joking dude it's **** at the moment everywhere, just heard today a consultant firm who do work for us have had told the staff to take a 12.5% pay cut and 3 day weeks for the forseeable future, it's pants. not sure if i'll be still working here in the next couple of months.

Well done mate! Its a big step in the right direction for you! There is nothing better than doing a job which you enjoy, you spend half your life there so it has to be something you can live with!! :smiley: