White Clio 200 cup pack

So been getting this strange vibration/humming sound at 2-3k & 7-8k revs.. the exhaust sounds like a flute from inside the car or when you blow into a glass bottle lol... Went to a garage and got it up on a ramp today to see the exhaust flexi was shredded to bits.. New sports decat manifold ordered (good excuse to get a sports one) The manifold plus fitting is around £700 though -.- Not nice! Then straight for a remap once fitted to sort the flat spot out.

Going to give the car a good clay/clean/polish & wax tomorrow as it's sitting there till Friday (when the new mani gets fitted)

The steering wheel was £145 :smile:

Decat manifold on the way and decay pipe :smiley: Map booked in for Jan 10th!

Can't wait for it to all be done :smiley:

Just been looking at a wheel retrim myself. Looks nice.

Gutting about the manifold. I had mine go so I know how much of an inconsiderate expense they are. Who's doing your mapping?

What Manifold have you gone for mate? If it's the toyosports or Ktec manifold you will 100% need that remap as the flat spot will be huge.

I just went for one off Ebay which i literally IDENTICAL to the toyosports one. It's booked in for a remap on the 10th jan :smile:

I agree, it looks like the toyosports one. [emoji4] like rogue said you should defiantly uprated the lower engine stabiliser mount to stop the mani knocking on the subframe. Powerflex or vibratech do them. Powerflex is a way cheaper option and just as good. Cazan do them and usually have them in stock.

Make sure Ktec spend a decent amount of time mapping out the flat spot. Don't leave there until your 100% satisfied. My old 197 had the pre cat delete pipe and a Ktec and it didn't feel like they tried hard enough to map out the flat spot.

Also expect some naughty pops, bangs and flames after all the work has been done.
[emoji6] [emoji594][emoji100][emoji95]

Oh don't worry, i won't be leaving there till i can feel the difference :smiley: Could you link me to the mounts or what ever it is i need? Is this something the mechanic could easily change whilst he's doing the manifold?

I'm looking forward to the pops & bangs!! :thumbup1:

Good man, don't let them be lazy. Yes very easy job mate, no more than 20-30 min job for an experienced mechanic.

http://www.cazanracing.co.uk/powerflex--lower-engine-mount-insert-106460-p.asp

If Cazan can't get them to you in time, then Ktec do them too, so if worst comes to worst, you may be able get one fitted at same time as your mapping session. Also in the future, it may be worth doing the other mounts (upper engine mount and torque arm) just for good measure.

My old 197 on the rollers, just to get you more excited. [emoji16] haha
a0a77016610bc37cf7d884c946dd37d5.jpg

I'm going to leave the mount inserts for now as i really am tight on money... I will get them some time soon though. The Manifold is being fitted this friday so them mount inserts probably won't get to me by then any way :worried: Haha looks quality!!!!

Hi,

The steering wheel looks great, nice colour match for the rest of the car as sometimes a black alcantara can look too heavy. Did you have a choice of colour and if so what colour did you use?

cheers,