White Clio 197 Cup - Progress

Well seeing as I'm on here, I may as well update this.

Just ordered:
4 x NGK Spark Plugs
4L Castrol Edge 5W40 Oil
Genuine Renault Oil Filter
K-Tech Racing Panel Filter
Genuine Renault Pollen Filter

Bet you can't guess what I'm doing?! Haha

As to modifications, after keeping the car for a YEAR I've gone through wanting about 30different cars, and probably will still go through another 30. But for some reason I just can't seem to part with it.

So mods if any will come slowly and nothing major. May put some Eibach Springs on it (30mm), 16/20mm Eibach spacers and some braided brake hoses. As much as people don't like them, maybe some Exhaust Tips. It really transforms the rears look, and the exhaust has a nice note to it as standard.
The renault sport steering wheel clip will be ordered this week.
Then some rear speakers (as the wirings already there) and front tweeters (same thing)

That would literally be it. I like this car and drastic changes wouldn't make THAT big a difference to my liking of it!

But hey ho... That's this week anyway!

It's a good job you decided to update your thread or you may have ended up damaging your engine the first time you ran after your service!

Btw don't cancel the 5L, just order a 1L to go with it. They come in 5L and 1L bottles as far as I'm aware.

Yeah I suppose it is! To be fair I probably would have noticed if it wasn't enough when doing it, but would have been a major inconvenience!

I've just rang a mate and he's got me 6L of Shell Oil for the price of the Castrol 4L so we're all good now :smiley:

Cheers for the help though!! Appreciate it

Just finished the service...

NO pad left on the front brake pads, a snapped spring on the front left, blowing exhaust at the Cat, knocking heat shield, 2 nails in the rear tyres.

So all in all... BRILLIANT!! :worried:

Just ordered a set of H&R 30mm lowering springs to replace the snapped spring, and a set of RenaultSport/Brembo Front Pads. Ill fit them as soon as they arrive.

The joys of cars ey! haha

So work commenced yesterday, and this is how she was last night...

u2ana9e5.jpg

Came to change it and it allllll went Pete Tong over one bolt. This bolt to be precise...

a7u5ajub.jpg

I took the anti-roll bar off, then undid the nut on the end of that bolt. But then, on a Corsa, you just knock it out of the hole. Not on a Clio. So I goosed all the threads out of anger :worried:
So today I'm going to have to cut off the goosed threads and put the nut back on. Then concede to the fact I can't do it and take it to a garage.

REET ball-ache!