Which manifold to get? Gordini Clio (021/500)

Hi i'm new to this forum, i've got a 2010 clio 200 rs gordini and it seems the manifold has a slight crack somewhere as it sounds like its blowing a bit but only when cold so points towards a cracked manifold. Unfortunately these are catalytic manifolds and cost from renualt £700+ so i found a cheaper manifold on mister-auto for £352.90 but question the quality of it. So saw Copper666 on here used a Toyosport de-cat manifold for £199 that seems to be better quality but has no cat? So the problem here is these clios have a pre cat and a main cat and it would be the pre cat in the manifold that you loose with the Toyosport one, so is the main cat enough to still pass an MOT with? because its not like a cat pipe thats easy to pop in and out its the manifold. Has anyone got any suggestions please ??

Quite a few have fitted the Toyosport manifold and had no issues, including me when I had my old engine. It is recommended to fit the Powerflex lower mount to minimise engine movement which in turn has a twofold benefit - it reduces the risk of the manifold cracking again and it stops the manifold hitting the subframe. The car will pass the mot with just the main cat fitted.

Reactions: Pav
Quite a few have fitted the Toyosport manifold and had no issues, including me when I had my old engine. It is recommended to fit the Powerflex lower mount to minimise engine movement which in turn had a twofold benefit - it reduces the risk of the manifold cracking again and it stops the manifold hitting the subframe. The car will pass the mot with just the main cat fitted.

Thanks Sean that sounds pretty good to me as long as she will still pass her MOT with the Toyosport manifold, def sound advice re powerflex lower mount getting on that right now. Did you need to re-map with the new manifold re it not having the pre cat on?

Thanks Sean that sounds pretty good to me as long as she will still pass her MOT with the Toyosport manifold, def sound advice re powerflex lower mount getting on that right now. Did you need to re-map with the new manifold re it not having the pre cat on?

I didn't bother with a remap and I didn't notice any difference.

Lee,

I've replied to your personal message with the same text as below (Which i've just copied and pasted onto here !).

This topic comes up often - but i will jot it down once again; incase it helps someone out in the future who's searching for info.

Good luck.

"My 200 has pre-cat removed, Toyo mani fitted - 2nd cat in place and Scorpion resonated system fitted.

I have never had an issue with any dashboard lights, and it went straight through an MOT emissions wise.

Some say all that makes no difference to the running. I thought i had a great big hole in the low / midrange after fitting manifold particularly and it felt different (quicker ?) uptop because of that. But was in reality slower overall if that makes sense. The lack of midrange just meant the same top-end feeling quicker as it gained revs in a rush after the unhappy spell.....

After a remap mine was a different animal. Drive-ability / torque and urgency below 3k was a different World and overall the fuelling is on a different Planet to the standard car. Which i thought was awful right from the start".

Ktec do a manifold also but it's more expensive, does look a decent bit of kit though.

As above though overwhelming majority fit the toyo with little issues.

depending on your budget..as a general rule is to have it remaped after any exhaust system change..i mean i myself drove my car for nearly 2 years with an aftermarket exhaust change before a remap..

depending on your budget..as a general rule is to have it remaped after any exhaust system change..i mean i myself drove my car for nearly 2 years with an aftermarket exhaust change before a remap..
OK Pav still struggling as to which way to go on this with my standard system with a cracked manifold, do i;
1. go for a standard replacement manifold with pre cat which is £350 for a non brand or £700+ from renualt
2. go for a Toyo or scorpian manifold with no pre cat for £250ish but will it loose power if not re-mapped??

either way i'll be keeping the rest of the factory exhaust to include the main cat so would it still pass a mot with the main cat still on?
what do you reckon?

Thats wicked but not 100% its the flexis that have gone may have a crack in it somewhere as she does tend to go quite when warmed up, but thanks for the thought.
What exhaust have you got on Nimbus?

Yeah but if you look at the pics, they have welded on the collectors too, this is where they normally crack, it's an exchange service, so drive in, drive out.

I have a Milltek Resonated exhaust.

i believe (dont quote me on this) but most people went the toyo way..decent price and good quality..
you could have had mine but it got sold last week..

Reactions: Lee200
Pav
Could you tell a difference after the remap?

Pav
Could you tell a difference after the remap?
of course..its a big thing..people dont know unless done..i had a terrible flat spot before..didnt pull at all until you went over 3k rpm..after remap it pulled much better..before remap it did 184bhp..after 196.9 bhp..worth it mate..

I seen that this place does exchange and fitting (with new flexi's and strengthening on the new manifold) for £230

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1676837185951782&id=1646394795662688
Considering that's nearly the price for a Toyo manifold on it's own, it's an excellent deal. Glad to see they've also strengthened the manifold from the top. Although any savings in price would be wiped out by petrol costs if I were to go up there which is a shame

Reactions: suj
Considering that's nearly the price for a Toyo manifold on it's own, it's an excellent deal. Glad to see they've also strengthened the manifold from the top. Although any savings in price would be wiped out by petrol costs if I were to go up there which is a shame

Yeah exactly mate, it looks a good deal!
I'm the same, it's a trek, but I might go see my Sister up north and get it done maybe!

Reactions: DS197