Which engine oil are you using ? (2017)

What engine oil are you using in your RENAULT sport Clio ?

• ELF Evolution

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Fuchs Titan Pro

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Shell Helix

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Millers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motul 300V

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Silkolene Pro S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Petronas Syntium 3000

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Castrol Edge Titanium

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
ELF for me. Tried it first......Been around the houses since; and have now come back to it. As good as anything i've tried.....

I've just bought Petronas syntium 3000. Best the car has run since I've had it. Had a euro cars code for 35% off. Should have been about £45 for 4 litres, paid about £32 I think. Anyone else else used this, is it any good or is there better out there?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate
I've just bought Petronas syntium 3000. Best the car has run since I've had it. Had a euro cars code for 35% off. Should have been about £45 for 4 litres, paid about £32 I think. Anyone else else used this, is it any good or is there better out there?

Sounds good !

What did you use for the other 1.something litres needed ?

Oil change with filter requires over 5 litres of fresh oil. That's why RPD etc all sell as "5 + 1ltr" for these cars = 6 litres needed.......
Oh right, the oil was running low so I changed it to the Petronas one this month. I had a Halfords one in previous and seemed to run out very quick so I though using a better oil will make the car run better and last longer. It's booked in for service next week so I'm gonna get some more and get them to do the filter change and use this from now on.

Only went for the Petronas stuff because I thought, if it's good enough for Mercedes F1 then, can't be that bad.

Could we maybe make results viewable before you vote?

We could - but i did it so people just posted their own choice without being able to see results on purpose.

Why would it be an advantage for anyone to be able to see before you voted ?

We could - but i did it so people just posted their own choice without being able to see results on purpose.

Why would it be an advantage for anyone to be able to see before you voted ?

So those of us who don't have a preference can use the info without tainting the poll :thumb:

Running ELF, never had problems with it. Must have bloody shares in the company though by now..brb :shuv:

Castrol Magnatec 5W-40 C3 HC Synthese, cheap from my local dealer.. 5 litre bottle something like 30£.. Shell Helix ultra 5W-40 also cheap and good oil.
I would use ELF , but i have to order it from Germany. No dealers here.