Which Clio to buy

Hi everyone. If you had £5500-6000 to spend which 197 would you buy ? A cheap high mileage f27, a cup a new high mileage 197 or a low mileage older 197 and which extras are a must ? Just looking to take the plunge

Welcome Muzz!!! :smile:

Personally I'd go for lower mileage or/and full history. Start with that and then see what you've got to pick from.

Recaros are very desirable but wear quickly and the standard seats are very good anyway. Climate Control looks better (different dash) and works well but I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for it because the A/C isn't the best to be honest... It depends what you want out of the car really, are you planning on getting into trackdays etc. or do you just want a nice half-quick car for riding around in?

Cheers for the advice guys. I was looking at a 27 on eBay which was cheap but had nearly 80,000 which would put her into the 100,000 within a couple of years time. It will be for everyday use to work and back etc but I've had a lot of different sports cars in the past, mainly ford rs and I don't want to regret buying something with no extras on

R27:thumbup:At the end of the day it's such a personal choice as your the one what knows your exact spec and there's loads of different cars out there it's mind blowing.im sure the one you choose you will love it like we do with ours

Hi. I see your looking for a Clio F1 197 or similar. I tried to strike a deal with This guy call Alexander on this email. backifran@gmail.com

Hes got a Liquid Yellow 197 with 36500 Miles on a 2007.

He wasn't at the time I bought one interested in doing a deal. But times moved on and he emailed today saying he would take 7000.

Try contacting him and make him an offer.

Here it is I found it on Piston Heads

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/4053800.htm

I would try £6500.00 Its a buyers Market.

Still haven't found the right car. I've got £6000 to spend. I'd prefer not to travel too far from West Yorkshire area but will do for the right car at the right price. If anyone sees anything worth having let me know.

Welcome mate and good luck with your search.

Trophy :eek:

A 182 or a trophy, just to be awkward.

I found out something really interesting regarding the trophies the other day. Apparently the suspension that comes with the car (sachs) can be rebuilt by only one company here in the UK and they charge £400+ per damper! S basically if you go for a full rebuilt (which at some pont you'd have to given that they are 7 years old) you'd have to pay nearly £2k!! More of the price of a brand new AST kit! joke!

Bought an F1 last weekend. Generally pretty mint with a few bits and bats to do. Already had the pleasure of replacing the o/s/f coil spring. Takes me back to the days of my 205 1.9Gti.

Bought an F1 last weekend. Generally pretty mint with a few bits and bats to do. Already had the pleasure of replacing the o/s/f coil spring. Takes me back to the days of my 205 1.9Gti.

Awesome. What number? Pics?

- Edit - Just saw your thread lol

Welcome to the site, glad you found what you want.

The 205 gti was an epic car. Back in the day when they were the latest motor I had a chipped RS Turbo and my Bessie mate had a black 1.9 205. We had some great fun on the twisters, I had, him on the straights but the handling of the pug was way better than the ford.