Which Braided Lines?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Steering' started by BEEFTEC, Jul 17, 2014.

1. BEEFTEC

BEEFTEC

Car:
    RS197 LUX
    Hoping to do a track day in August.

Already have DS2500 pads and i'll service the brakes before the trackday. I've got some Motul RBF600 fluid to go in which i'll probably get a garage to do, but i'm wondering if it'll be worth me having braided lines fitted while i'm at it?

Then if so which ones to go for?

These are the cheapest goodridge ones I can find - £57 inc VAT!

http://goodridge-uk.com/shop/en/ren...27-zinc-plated-colourflex-srn0405-4p-cf-.html

Then theres these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item1c432821cc

Which technically are better because they're stainless and also look like they come with the rubber sleeve which from my research on here seem it is lacking with some brake kits and needs to be fashioned out of fuel line!

What do people reckon - Worth the money?

2. Gam

Gam

Car:
    I've got HEL and as you said they were missing some rubber clips to hold them together but the guys who fitted mine quickly made some to sort the problem.

Not really sure any are better than others in terms of performance they will all give you greater response and feedback on the brakes. Guess it is just down to preference really matey.

3. craigy197

craigy197

Car:
    Renault clio cup 197
    I got white Goodridge ones, can't fault at moment

4. Mentalpen

Mentalpen Guest

our traders do braided lines.

Hel ones are missing a rubber grommet but they will send them out if you contact hel iirc

5. BEEFTEC

BEEFTEC

Car:
    RS197 LUX
    Anyone know if goodridge ones come with the rubber sleeves needed? Tbh its no big deal as I can get a bit of fuel line and secure them if required, but would rather go for a kit that comes with them.

Can't find HEL brake lines for anything less than about £70-£80. Most goodridge kits are around £60-£70, then found those ebay ones for £55 and was wondering if anyone had used them as they're stainless and seem to show sleeves on the photo too.

I had a quick look through the traders but most are around £75, plus P+P. I know brake lines are hardly something to skimp on and they're not much more through our traders but if I can get them cheaper then why pay more? Any money I save on the lines can go towards labour for fitting is how i'm looking at it.

I'll probably go for the goodridge ones over the ebay ones, purely for brand reassurance.

6. craigy197

craigy197

Car:
    Renault clio cup 197
    Ktec fitted mine when doing my brakes, didn't say I needed anything

7. Fernandez

Fernandez Gold Member

Car:
    Project Lotus is go
  8. Gez

Gez Moderator & South Wales Rep

Car:
    Boost Box
    £16.79!? Delivery!? I hope the whole caliper and disc is being delivered attached to the lines for that postage lol

9. BEEFTEC

BEEFTEC

Car:
    RS197 LUX
    haha what a rip off! Should have checked postage price first!

I'll PM you mate and order through you!

10. Merde Francais

Merde Francais

Car:
    I've got Goodridge ones and they're too long. The fittings on the ends are ok but hey should be a few inches shorter. When you attach them to the hub like they should be they're fine but it's still not a great design.

11. BEEFTEC

BEEFTEC

Car:
    RS197 LUX
    Ahh well i've literally just placed my order for them!

I'm planning on attaching them like the standard ones so hopefully they'll be Ok

12. FaithlessEmo

FaithlessEmo

Car:
    Renault Clio 200
    I know it's abit late.
    But got mine from hose technik.
    Ordered on the Monday. Made that day. Sent that day. Recived via ups the next day.
    Cazan sell them. Come with bracket (see pics on Facebook)

13. BEEFTEC

BEEFTEC

Car:
    RS197 LUX
    Well for the extra £7.50 I decided to change and go for the above - Hose Technik versions!

Should be well worth the extra if they're stainless and come with the required bracket, thanks for the advice guys!

14. FaithlessEmo

FaithlessEmo

Car:
    Renault Clio 200
    Everything is there. I took a pic and set it to them and they built them to order. Fantastic customer service. Quick aswell. And lifetime guarantee.

15. andydavy

andydavy

Car:
    clio 200
    I've just fitted hel to mine but the rears seem to need a lot of extra work as you appear to have to cut and reflate the copper pipe to attach new connectors!!??

16. Fernandez

Fernandez Gold Member

Car:
    Project Lotus is go
    The rears replace the oem rubber lines that are underneath the car and not the copper pipes leading from the calliper.

17. andydavy

andydavy

Car:
    clio 200
    Realise that but the rubber oem ones are crimped to the copper pipes rather than screw fitscrew fit

18. Fernandez

Fernandez Gold Member

Car:
    Project Lotus is go
    Very strange that..

PICT1286.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014