Where to mount a 6 CD changer?

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi all,

I am looking to get a 6 CD changer in the 197 and wondered whether the best place to mount it would be?

Easiest to get wires to and change CD's etc.

Thanks
James

The Cabasse ones that could be specced as an option on the 197 are located under the driver seat, but for other manufacturers they're usually in the boot or under the passenger seat I think?

put it under the drivers seat...or passenger.. you can run the cables under the center console and just pop it under teh carpet....

the floor carpet is also split into sections like an oldskewl car so its easier to peel just one section back to get your hands and fingers in to feed the cables :smile:

How would it mount under the drivers seat though? Would it have to be quite make shift or would it just bolt up?

Also could anyone suggest a good mutlichanger and would you get one to fit the standard single cd player?

I have seen a Renault one which was fitted to a 172 Clio. Is this likely to fit?

Thanks
James

Aside from the fact that it is no longer 1997, the thing to do would be try and get hold of a Cabasse bracket for the underside of one of the front seats (slides onto part of the underseat frame), or just get some flat steel strip and bolt it to the Cabasse fittings on the underseat frame.

With Cabasse the CD changer is in the dash and the "brains" part is mounted under the drivers seat.

I know changers are old school but I like the idea of being able to select from a couple of discs etc. The problem I find with the iPod is that you upload to much random rubbish and I find myself forever skipping tracks. It's easier to burn discs as and when you want and just play them.

I know the details of the cabasse changer but I understand these would be pretty hard work to fit aftermarket and would be easier to just buy a Sony/alpine changer.

Thanks
James

Velcro, job done.

When I fitted Recaros to my old 197 with Cabbasse I did that, did the job fine

I haven't really tried playlists to be honest.

I have a Alpine head unit for sale which has an iPod cable and would go into the glovebox but also thinking about using this now and adding a changer to the combo as well so I have the best of both worlds.

James

Know what you mean about the iPod, have you tried playlists? That's what I use.

Give yourself a good slap in the face. Now go get your alpine installed and set up some playlists. Save yourself some time, effort and money.

Next you'll be asking about neons ...