Wheel colour choices

If you were looking for wheels which colour would you want?

• Gloss Black

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Matt Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Graphite

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Johnny 99

Winner - POTM October 2018
Platinum Member
I'm considering buying another set of wheels for track days, but I don't know which of these colours to go for. From a re-sale angle once I don't need them anymore which colour would people be most likely to be interested in buying?

I'm considering buying another set of wheels for track days, but I don't know which of these colours to go for. From a re-sale angle once I don't need them anymore which colour would people be most likely to be interested in buying?

As fantastic as they look I’d try avoid black as they’ll just get grey with brake dust.. silver or anthracite is best option for track however black is popular

Reactions: Johnny 99
As fantastic as they look I’d try avoid black as they’ll just get grey with brake dust.. silver or anthracite is best option for track however black is popular
Yeah, Silver and Anthracite appeal to me, I hate black wheels but as you say they're popular. Maybe I should just get what I want, but as they're not going to be on the car much resale value is a concern.

Is red still an option John or is this an as well as thread? Black would suit your car but my personal favourite would be anthracite.

Still going for red Ben, but I might get some more wheels to put some more track worthy tyres on. Been looking out for wheels coming up for sale but I'm quite specific about size and offset I want so probably have to get new ones. Red wheels will be for road & wet track use, others for dry track use. Not 100% on doing this, but mulling it over.

Purely from a resale point of view I voted silver. I know that you can get wheels refurbed in whatever colour you choose, so it isn't really too much of an issue, and I don't think you'd have a problem re-selling wheels in any of the colours you listed. Silver is quite 'middle of the road' in the best sense of the word (!) so I don't think you could go wrong with that colour when it came to resale time.

I might be interested in a set of graphite Speedlines. :thumb:
When my Speedlines come off they'll be up for grabs, but they're Satin Black. If you're interested I could bring them to Spa to save postage costs. Also less risk of damage to them. Cash on delivery.

Reactions: Beany and Benno
When my Speedlines come off they'll be up for grabs, but they're Satin Black. If you're interested I could bring them to Spa to save postage costs. Also less risk of damage to them. Cash on delivery.

Okay, no worries! Message me when they’re off, I might well get rid of my 200s to my stepbrother then as he’s been pestering me for weeks about them!

Anthracite hide the dirt well but I think the car looks best with silver wheels, at least when they're clean. They may be best for resale too as they don't look as aggresive as darker colours. I went from anthracite (cup pack) to silver when it was time to refurb and much prefer the look of the car now as the lighter colour seems to fill the arches more.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions