WHAT SORT OF MONEY ??

Hi

I'm looking to px or sell privately the wife's F1 R27 in Nimbus it's an 07 plate Just over 2 years old with about 25000 miles on FDSH, what sort of money should I be looking for as a px or private sale?
I wouldn't say it's had an easy life but she's only one set of front tyres still originals at the back

Jim

Have a look on the whatcar website, they give you a free valuation for private/trade etc - might be of some help?

my advice would be to go on pistonheads/autotrader/ebay etc and see what other are going for, car like this can be tricky to price especially the limited models

Tricky market at the minute.. some 197's are selling between 8 and 9k...

R27's seem to be between 10-13k depending on colour, mileage etc.

What you looking to buy instead? - Dealers are offering a lot for cars at the minute to sell new ones.

GazFish said:
Tricky market at the minute.. some 197's are selling between 8 and 9k...

R27's seem to be between 10-13k depending on colour, mileage etc.

What you looking to buy instead? - Dealers are offering a lot for cars at the minute to sell new ones.

Not sure at the moment Caz saw a white Megane Coupe she liked but that would mean waiting till next year for the 250, but I may try and steer her to a RS focus :shock:

any car is only worth as much as someone is prepared to spend.

ie: if someone in your area is after a silver R27 with under 30k on the clock then they would be prepared to spend more than someone 100 miles that really wants a black R27... :wink:

i know this dont help you but its true.

I nearly cried when I saw a black R27 with every option for £9300 two days after I bought my 197 with no options for £9000. Prices vary massively

Golgarth said:
I nearly cried when I saw a black R27 with every option for £9300
That is bloody cheap, you could have bought that and sold it on for a profit!

richandgem said:
that is cheap, I hope. I may be a bit upset if ours was only worth that :worried:

was a tiny Scottish garage that had it, if I physically could have done it I was gonna buy it and sell mine, in the end I decided something had to be wrong with it (was HPI clear though). Bargains do sometimes come up, normally when I'm skint

197s have gone back up on value you know.. there was a point where u could pick up a 197FF in most colour's just under 30K for around £8500 now ull be lucky to get one on 30-40K for £9500

with the fact yours is an R27 model aswell I reckon you could easily clear £11k