What do you do with this bit? Air intake

LB197

Gold Member
So ive got a cone filter i want to put on my 197 but what do people do with this bit?

Thanks

a287d27a18b76a5171c7412ac5a300a1.jpg

its attached to the airbox that your going to remove so it will come out with it, it makes me wonder if you should be touching air filters if a basic question like this complicates matters? also you'll probably lose a little power with a cone filter in exchange for sound

The only cone filter kit that doesn’t lose power seems to be the Ktec one. It comes with a heat shield. An open cone filter is likely to suffer from heat soak and harm performance

its attached to the airbox that your going to remove so it will come out with it, it makes me wonder if you should be touching air filters if a basic question like this complicates matters? also you'll probably lose a little power with a cone filter in exchange for sound

Thanks for the reply, ive changed head gaskets and all sorts, but only really ever worked on older cars which dont have many sensors and things, just thought id ask before going ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a cheeky reply :chris1:

Leave the small sensor electic plug plugged in or you will get an engine warning light. Doesnt need any of the rubber hoses attached to it.

Reactions: Doogle and LB197
Bit of a cheeky reply :chris1:

Leave the small sensor electic plug plugged in or you will get an engine warning light. Doesnt need any of the rubber hoses attached to it.
Surely one is a vacuum hose so it would need blanking off at least otherwise he may find his idle is a bit skyward? :wink: