What colour wheels??

Hi all,

I have a Nimbus grey 197 cup and the wheels have been battered. Just woundering what colour would suit the car? Photos please. LOL

Thanks guys and gals.

Reactions: Beany
Hi all,

I have a Nimbus grey 197 cup and the wheels have been battered. Just woundering what colour would suit the car? Photos please. LOL

Thanks guys and gals.
Depends what you fancy...
Nimbus is an easy colour to go with...

Dark anthracite would look good, or you can go mental and have bright green or darkish blue

good thing is that you cant really go wrong with any..i tried google to look up red wheels on a nimbus but no joy..also matt black would suit it well..

As @Beany said, it depends what you fancy and how brave you want to be. Also depends on what the rest of the car is like or what plans you have for the future. Also depends on the colour of your calipers. Unless you plan on painting those to work with the wheels.

Anthracite or black will always look good, although I think with full black you always lose the details of the shape of the wheels a bit.

If you're feeling brave I think Magnesium Blue wheels always look fantastic on a silver car. Or bronze would work with the slight brown tinge that Nimbus has.

Reactions: Beany
Gloss black is a safe bet, but I do agree with Mes that you lose them a tad in the arches.

Here’s a (rubbish I know...) pic of my old 200 wheels once I’d fitted them to Alex’s car. He loves them but I’m not sure if it works, anthracite looks great. Look at @suj's for example!

5ac0f2576dfceebc4f083bff95a160f7.jpg

Not sure my opinion counts anymore not having a Clio, but black is a very 'safe'option, If you go black maybe add some bright coloured calipers to add some detail.

As said above really depends where your taking the car - A good option is to visit the refurb company your going to use they usually have wheels already done out as an example may give some inspiration.

Another serious consideration is to just have them done the same as whatever they are and keeping it OEM looking - seems boring, but if you go loud you MAY regret it massively.

Not sure my opinion counts anymore not having a Clio, but black is a very 'safe'option, If you go black maybe add some bright coloured calipers to add some detail.

As said above really depends where your taking the car - A good option is to visit the refurb company your going to use they usually have wheels already done out as an example may give some inspiration.

Another serious consideration is to just have them done the same as whatever they are and keeping it OEM looking - seems boring, but if you go loud you MAY regret it massively.
Always valid opinion from you..you know that...:french:

Reactions: kevlar