Welsh Tour in the Meg CC (non RS inside obviously)

Myself and my other half did a day out round wales on Sat. We have done this trip before but its the first time in the CC.

Here is the route from our Humble abode in Shropshire to :- Horse Shoe Pass by llangollen on to Bala lake, then from there through some of snowdonia national park to Porthmadog, after Porthmadog we went right past Mt Snowdon and the lakes surrounding it and on to Betwsy coed. It was a fantastic day with some quality roads and top down driving.

route.jpg

Pictures in order of Journey stops

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

Cheers Roy

Yeah they are great roads. Was a great way of blowing the cobwebs off. I had to convince myself I wasnt in New Zealand at some points in the drive, scenery was that convincing.

Great pics mate, we will be going there on Sunday. I was there last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Walked up Snowdon, but couldn't get to the top due to there being too much ice. Stayed at the Travelodge in Porthmadog.

Can you send me a link or the road names of horse shoe pass, might make the journey to the Triangle more bareable! Lol!

Great pics mate, we will be going there on Sunday. I was there last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Walked up Snowdon, but couldn't get to the top due to there being too much ice. Stayed at the Travelodge in Porthmadog.

Can you send me a link or the road names of horse shoe pass, might make the journey to the Triangle more bareable! Lol!

Oh Nice one! I did snowdon last year, was a bit of a free for all at the top though because it was mid summer. Im hoping to get up there next month

go here http://ponderosa.viviti.com/

That is the top of the horse shoe pass, allot of bike and car meets happen up there, plus its a good half way point to strech your legs and grab a nice fry up.

Just found that cafe from the previous posts, so will try and encorperate the horse shoes pass in the journey there.

Did you just go up to the cafe and turn around, or make it go along the connecting road to the west back on to the A5? Google maps is sending me that way to the triangle rather than turning round and going back.

Did you just go up to the cafe and turn around, or make it go along the connecting road to the west back on to the A5? Google maps is sending me that way to the triangle rather than turning round and going back.

We just went to the cafe for Breakfast and turned back just because I wanted to take a specific road to Bala, I think google sent me that way anyway.

Oh ok. Think we're going to go along the road and then cut back on to the A5 and then up to the Triangle. You can come along if you want to mate?

Similar Thread Suggestions