Weird audio thing going on

Fitted a Tunepoint last week. Used.

Now I'm sure I;ve noticed this before I fitted the TP so am convinced it's not the fault of fitting the TP.

Basically when I start up from cold the sound is muted, like the speakers have been muffled. After about 3-4 minutes though it suddenly comes bright sounding and normal.

W. T. F?

Now I'm planning on sending it in soon to get umpteen warranty bits done and it's developed an intermittent fault with accepting CDs anyway, but if I can add the likelihood that the HU is goosed in another way then I'm hoping they'll just chuck a new unit in.

You know the volume can be linked to the cars speed - its a setting in the menu when you press and hold the button.

Have you tried this?

Yeah I know that. But it's not volume. It just sounds like someone's muffling the sound, so the trebles are cut most, with the mids a bit less.

Then it sort of crackles a bit and sounds normal.

Yep. Tried today and I'd say it takes about 2 minutes, and then deffo crackles before sounding normal.

Even does it once the car is warm, if you've parked up somewhere and come back to it. I'll add it to the list!