weight saving

the isofix bar weighs only 1 kg

I've asked the dealer to remove the rear airbags and seatbelts but they said it's not possible as they are linked in one system and removing one will make the others malfunction

old thread but just in case anyone is interested

removed the rear seat and isofix bar today and found the Isofix bar weighs 3.1kg, the rear bench weighs 6.7kg and the setback and buckles weigh 13.8kg

i might remove the rear seatbelts if i can be arsed as theyre just flapping around doing nothing now

You girly should loose some weight m8 :-p tell her the car can't cope with her weight and it's not fast with her inside :biggrin::-p

ps. don't tell her this. Don't wanna get a slap the first time we meet :biggrin:

LOL...that's a good one.

Waking the dead up here I know ;/ but does anyone have a idea of what the 3 rear windows were in KG compared to polycarbonate Windows? Also anything else peopl have found to help save weight?

Waking the dead up here I know ;/ but does anyone have a idea of what the 3 rear windows were in KG compared to polycarbonate Windows? Also anything else peopl have found to help save weight?
Old thread, nevertheless:
Removing front windows (DX: 4,240 kg, SN: 4,225 Kg) with small parts (0.499 Kg) and windows mechanism (DX: 1,720 kg, SN: 1,720 kg). Replacing windows with Lexan by 4 Perfomance Plastics (DX: 2,280 kg, SN: 2,500 Kg) Windows weight savings front: 7.624 Kg

Removing rear lateral windows (DX: 2,233 kg, SN: 2,300 Kg) and rear window (4,640 kg). Replacing windows with Lexan by 4 Performance Plastics (DX: 1,270 kg, SN: 1,306 Kg) and rear window (2,666 kg).
Windows weight savings rear: 3,931 Kg

R32pete said:
Anyone know what the A/C would weigh in at roughly?
Pete

Air conditioning elimination (engine bay) (-8,937 kg), Support-roller for the removal of air conditioning (+1.521 kg)
Weight saving: 7,416 kg

Reactions: Doogle and VolumeX