weight saving

A friend of mine had them weighted before he installed them in his car, and they were 5kg heavier than the OEM seats - maybe because of the heavy base of the seat?

rap.. yesterday i've a battle with my friend with ph1.. with a good power, 178bhp..

we need to remove 50kg or get other 10/15cv :biggrin:

start @ 50kph in 3rd gear.. and ph1 go go go

AFQ_1044.jpg

rap.. yesterday i've a battle with my friend with ph1.. with a good power, 178bhp..

[/IMG]

:lol:

Stock 172 has nothing to do with the Stock 197:

I'm driving a friends car (mine was at the stealers) - 197 vs 172 vs 172.

Clio 172 far right: custom intake, exhaust, remap, CAI,...
Clio 172 in the middle: custom intake, exhaust, remap, CAI,...
Clio 197 albi blue: STOCK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSxRxHMsl3E

EDIT: I totally agree with you that we need to remove >50kg - this car should have weighted 1200-1250kg.

Last edited:
172 of my friend has sooooooome mod... and also short "coppia conica". (i don't know in english..)...

practically he has our gear.. and our gear on 178bhp and 1080kg is a sharp weapon, believe to me!

with racechrono in 3rd gear i make 80-120kph in 4.35sec, his clio in 3.85....try it..

where we can remove more weight?

i think:

all tarpaper
all soundproof sponge rear front door and rear speaker
front box passenger
front internal door and change with carbon (anyone have photo? i remember someone)

we are CLIO III RS
2lm13c6.jpg

Last edited:
How did you mount the dash over the rollcage bar? i'm having a right mission and i'm welding all sorts of brackets onto it!!
actually is that a custom cage? i noticed the door bars are different!!

AFQ_1044.jpg

Cut the dash round it pal!

Not as easy as that chap!! the front roll bar sits higher than the dash bar, and the dash bar won't fit in with the front roll bar.

All the brackets for the heat/air exchanger, dash itself, steering column, centre console are on the dash bar.
They ALL have to be modified and re-made to make everything fit!! its a right arsehole!
After hours of fondling i've only just managed to get the heat/air exchanger to fit.

Not as easy as that chap!! the front roll bar sits higher than the dash bar, and the dash bar won't fit in with the front roll bar.

All the brackets for the heat/air exchanger, dash itself, steering column, centre console are on the dash bar.
They ALL have to be modified and re-made to make everything fit!! its a right arsehole!
After hours of fondling i've only just managed to get the heat/air exchanger to fit.

Oh bugger....

r3 has full door bars both sides i thinks!,
It is actually the cup cage in it, the camera angle made it look like it had semi door bars both sides!! being LHD helps it alot as the steering bracket is already there haha, as for the other parts it makes me wonder, tempted to ask them lol! bet they'll tell me i'm a trocken motze lechker :smile:

Leo is actually really helpful. been speaking to him loads about the spec of their AST suspension prior to ordering mine.

and yeah, rechecked the pics, its a cup cage. i want one just like that, although door bars reversed lol.

mint!

A1241007.jpg

nice one spinky. i love that cage. if i carry on with the clio i am definately getting one, although i like my gadgets too, so would want it to fit with full dash.

surely you can just cut the dash bar off the cage, then it just mounts down either side of the dash doesnt it?

nice one spinky. i love that cage. if i carry on with the clio i am definately getting one, although i like my gadgets too, so would want it to fit with full dash.

surely you can just cut the dash bar off the cage, then it just mounts down either side of the dash doesnt it?

2k mate retail!!